Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
donnabelmartie
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Globe

Upgrade Facebook and Twitter or not?

I always check my facebook and twitter and love these apps very much. However, I am afraid to upgrade due to the bad reviews I have read. Is there a way to revert back to the old version if ever the latest versions won't work? Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Upgrade Facebook and Twitter or not?

Plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Click Device at the top of the software then Backup after that.  Once you've done the backup, the current versions of both apps will be in that file.  You can then go ahead and update your apps to see if you like them.  If you decide they're not for you, simply go back to BDS but this time click Device then Restore and choose the backup file you created.  Keep in mind that once a new version of an app is released and is in App World, RIM offers no official link to the previous versions.  You might find links on other forums or blogs from other users but these are "buyer beware" when you download them.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Developer
scrid2000
My Device: Red Z10, 32GB PlayBook, Numerous Android/WP8/FirefoxOS/Other devices
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

Wait, since when have apps been part of the backup via Desktop Manager for phones (I know you can back up QNX apps via DM)? 

My understanding was that only device settings were backed up.

You CAN use the switch device feature to back up your apps, but you have to get them out of the temp folder in your user appdata folder.

Or you can look into some third party programs that back up your apps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Contributor
donnabelmartie

Thanks for your suggestions! I really am afraid to encounter problems with facebook (unable to log in, disappeared icon, etc) and twitter (failure to upload photos, etc). I don't why ugrades tend to be horrible, based on the reviews I read. They should be better.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I have not had many issues with apps installing in the years of owning a BlackBerry.

Will it ever be 100%, nope. People are well um human and we make mistakes.

rroyy.com does have some older versions and a few other sites do as well.

Do abackup and take the plunge. we can most likely help with your issue going forward.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
donnabelmartie

Thank you Sir! But why do people encounter problems such as signing in, disappearing icons, failure to upload photos, etc? Is the problem with RIM or with their phones?

Please use plain text.