Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
Dave_N
My Device: Torch 9800 v6.0.0.526, platform 6.6.0.195

Upload Photo icon on FB doesn't work from mobile

I'm trying to upload a photo from my Torch to my wall. On the Facebook app, it's not an option. On the mobile site, the screen says something like "Ooops. Something went wrong...". On the full site, I click on the icon and nothing happens.

Is there some kind of browser setting on my phone that needs to be changed in order for this to work?
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Upload Photo icon on FB doesn't work from mobile

There shouldn't be, atleast not to my knowledge.

Remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.  Try once again after that to upload a photo.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Regular Contributor
Dave_N

Thanks for responding. I tried the battery pull and it didn't work. However, I should have mentioned that I'm trying to upload the photo onto a Group page. It's a page I administrate, and one where I've uploaded photos before on a laptop.

In addition, the upload photo icon still appears, so I know there's nothing to do with the Group's security settings or anything like that. I CAN upload a photo on to my wall through the mobile site, but after doing the battery pull, I still get the same message stated in my previous post when I click the photo upload icon from the Group page in the mobile site..

From the full site, nothing happens when I click on the photo upload icon. However, I do see the communication arrows moving when I do this. I've waited 30 seconds on this, yet nothing happens. That's why I asked about browser setting: it seems that a pop-up window "wants" to come up - the window that allows you to browse your photos for uploading.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

the feature "upload picture to group wall" never worked on the Facebook app for BlackBerry.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor
Dave_N

That may be true, but why is there an icon specifically to upload a photo?
Guru I
Xandrex

I don't know.

I am one of the people who find it incredible that after 3 years, the Facebook application for BlackBerry smartphones has half the features of the https://m.facebook.com/ website.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
Anshory
My Device: torch9800

We have same problem! I cant upload my pic to my group using v3.2.. :smileysad:
Guru I
Xandrex

Facebook 3.3 is now available on the AppWorld. With a fast picture upload.

Install or upgrade it, and try this feature !

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/680/?lang=en