Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Philbonandjulie26
My Device: Not Specified

Viewing FB Pics

I understand that several people are having trouble viewing notifications (including myself). I had a general FB account before I got my new phone and I never had trouble viewing pictures. My fiance did not have one, so he set up a FB account a general desktop computer, then added the APP to his blackberry. Ever since he stared with the app neither he or myself have been able to view his pictures - they say that it's not available. I went on his site on our laptop and found a question in the settings for access to Blackberry applications was unchecked. I checked that box thinking it the problem and then reinstalled FB but we still can't see his pics. Other people with non-blackberry phones however CAN see his pics with no trouble. When I view the FB settings on my account that I have had for several years I don't have the option regarding blackberry applications. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this issue? It's a real bummer that he can't even see the pics that he uploads! :smileysad:
Trusted Contributor
ltolman

Re: Viewing FB Pics

before I test it out on my blackberry storm; have you tried using the browser?

Open browser; go to www.facebook.com log in and check the pics there.

I'm gonna install the application on my phone now and check the difference

Trusted Contributor
ltolman

Re: Viewing FB Pics

Wow, well you definitely are correct...or rather needless to say it is extremely difficult to access them (least for me)

Heres my stats and what I did

Facebook Version 1.6.0.21

I actually disabled the "connect facebook with blackberry calendar/message/contacts" mainly because I dont use Facebook on my storm

But anyways

The only way I can access MY OWN photos was to

1-click blackberry menu and choose "go to mobile site"

2-next scroll all the way down to the bottom until you see numbers (0-5); choose #1 and click "profile"

3-next scroll all the way down to the bottom until you see a number 7 (Photo Albums)

4-next you will see a "my pics" or the albums you have uploaded

Now in order to view "other peoples pictures"

Click Facebook icon on Storm; log in and

1-Choose the friend

2-View Profile

3-There are 5 icons under "write something"; highlight the 3rd one or 4th one (3rd-photo albums of friend, 4th one=pictures of friend

4-Fetches pictures; may take a min, may have a huge Question Mark but if you wait long enough the pic will show

5-Click the appropriate album, then again, wait until it loads.

Least it did for me

Uploading photos with the Facebook application is extremely easy, I guess its the "viewing of your photos" that is extremely difficult.

Thank you for teaching me to teach you (lol), now I understand how so if someone else asks, least Ill know

In the meantime I personally dont use Facebook that much; so I'll just delete the application.

PS Dont forget, you should be able to log into facebook on the browser (separate from the icon) to access your personal photos faster because apparently it goes that route anyways :smileytongue: