Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
pkpudlin
My Device: Not Specified

Vlingo -- can't activate Plus

[ Edited ]

Can you tell me exactly what you did? I have followed these instructions and still cannot use Vlingo plus on my storm. I had the same situation  you did.  Thanks.

Subject title edited for clarity

Message Edited by Jonathan_K on 08-02-2009 03:21 PM
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Vlingo -- can't activate Plus

[ Edited ]

pkpudlin wrote:
Can you tell me exactly what you did? I have followed these instructions and still cannot use Vlingo plus on my storm. I had the same situation  you did.  Thanks.

Hi there!

Are you asking me that question? I don't use VLingo...I'm just passing on what information I can find...

Message Edited by Jonathan_K on 08-02-2009 03:22 PM

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pkpudlin

[ Edited ]

So sorry for the confusion; no I was asking the original poster. The post said the situation was resolved and I'm still struggling with mine.  The instructions posted did not resolve the problem for me, so I was hoping there might be more information.

Thanks again.

Message Edited by Jonathan_K on 08-02-2009 03:23 PM
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

pkpudlin wrote:

So sorry for the confusion; no I was asking the original poster. The post said the situation was resolved and I'm still struggling with mine.  The instructions posted did not resolve the problem for me, so I was hoping there might be more information.

Thanks again.

Ah, I see. No problem. Do you already have, and have already tried, this information from VLingo Tech Support?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Vlingo.

To activate your Vlingo Plus purchase, simply speak once to Vlingo.  Hold the side key and speak ‘Send email’.  If you’re able to compose an email, then Vlingo Plus is active.  After ou speak to Vlingo at least once, you should find that the 'Get Vlingo Plus'
button no longer appears, which also indicates that you have Vlingo Plus.

If you purchased Vlingo Plus from BlackBerry App World, you do NOT need a registration key (even if App World suggests that you do).  You may have een the following message after Vlingo finished downloading to your phone:

"The license key for vlingo is as follows.  You may need this key when accessing the application for the first time.  Vlingo".  

Again, this license key is an App World feature that Vlingo doesn't use.  You won't need the key, so just click 'OK'.    

Best regards,
Vlingo Support

Message Edited by Jonathan_K on 08-02-2009 03:23 PM

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pkpudlin

[ Edited ]

Actually yes I did see that post, and no, the message did not pop up when I installed, nor did the app convert to Plus after I used it, and nor did the 'Vlingo' password work.

When I asked it to 'Send email', I got a message stating that sending email is a Vlingo Plus feature and do I want to upgrade? I have tried every which way from Tuesday to get this to work and it all keeps coming back to wanting a password key that I don't have, and never did have.  Uninstalling didn't work, pulling the battery didn't work, downloading from Vlingo.com didn't work, speaking to it didn't work, clicking 'OK' without the password didn't work. I really need some help here.  Thanks so much.

Message Edited by Jonathan_K on 08-02-2009 03:24 PM
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]
Hmmm...OK...we really need to then split your stuff to it's own thread. Others here will certainly have insight, but as long as this is part of a "Solved" thread, it may not get attention. Stand by...I'll have the mods split it out (in this same forum).
Message Edited by Jonathan_K on 08-02-2009 03:26 PM
Message Edited by sdgardne on 08-02-2009 01:36 PM

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pkpudlin

Re:Vlingo -- can't activate Plus

[ Edited ]
Thank you, and I appreciate your help..
Message Edited by Jonathan_K on 08-02-2009 03:27 PM
Please use plain text.
Jonathan_K
My Device: BlackBerry 8310

Thread has been split and title edited for clarity. Thanks for your patience.
Please use plain text.