Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
arturox
My Device: Torch 9800

WLM 2.5.69 Unexpected Server Error

I have this error on my Torch 9800.

I sign in with my messenger account (eg. myaccount@hotmail.com) and I can login fine, I can chat fine, but suddenly the app logout and appear a message "Unexpected Server Error. Please try again later."

The strange thing is that when I log in with a different account (eg. otheraccount@hotmail.com) it can stay all day long connected and no error appears. but with the other account aprox every 5 to 10 minutes it appears this error message.

NOTE:

I tried to uninstall the app, then after reboot I take of the batery and put it again on the device after one minute but it doesnt work.

Retired
RandomHero
My Device: 9900

Re: WLM 2.5.69 Unexpected Server Error

Try resetting the password for the effected email account, then log in to Windows Live Messenger and test.

If the issue persists, try uninstalling/reinstalling Windows Live Messenger then test.

Cheers,

canada-22
My Device: torch 9800

I had the same issue using my blackberry 9800 windows live msn.  Unexpected server error.  I tried to uninstall/reinstall messenger but same issue.  I tried using another account(xxxx@hotmail.com) and it was working but not my main account!??  I even re-installed the OS6 but no luck.  I tried what you said, simply changing my MSN password.  Guess what?  It worked!  For some reason, simply changing the psw did the trick. 

Strange because my old password was working fine on my laptop msn and even MSN on iphone.

thanks!!!

canada-22
My Device: torch 9800

I spoke too soon!  The problem came back :smileysad:  If I find anything new I will post.

New Contributor
rhisaamanda
My Device: Not Specified

New Contributor
rhisaamanda
My Device: Not Specified

My member