Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Ardynes2000
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

WeChat can't run on BB 9700

Dear All Friends, Please advice.

I am using BB 9700, OS v5.0.0.351 ( Platform 5.1.0.98 ), BlackBerry World version 4.3.0.32 .
From Blackberry World , I download WeChat v.2.6.20. However, WeChat icon named as MicroMsg, not WeChat .
Every time I run/click the icon WeChat ( MicroMsg ), it doesn't work. A message appears on the screen as follows :

Error starting MicroMsg : Module ' MicroMsg - 52 ' attempt to acces a secure API .

I am using Indonesian Telkomsel BIS full service package (unlimited data service) .

I've tried to restart the BB handset by battery pull, delete and re-install the application , but the results remain the same .

Lastly, I download applications directly from WeChat sites then select OS5. After download, unzip, there is a folder name WeChat 2620bb. There are 2 sub folders inside it, sub folders 5.0.0  and sub folders 6.0.0, there is also MicroMsg.alx file.

Then I run the BB Desktop Manager> Application Loader> Add / Remove Application> Start> Browse> Select File MicroMsg.alx>
Wait until the installation is complete.
After the installation is complete, the icon still named as MicroMsg, not WeChat and when I run it still appears a message:
Error starting MicroMsg: Module 'MicroMsg-52' Attempts to access a secure API.

What's wrong with ny BB 9700?

Additional info :

WhatsApp can run very good on my BB 9700 .
Remaining RAM memory ( free space ) after WeChat installation = 86 MB

Please advice.

Regards.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: WeChat can't run on BB 9700

Hello,

Ardynes2000 wrote:

Error starting MicroMsg : Module ' MicroMsg - 52 ' attempt to acces a secure API .

Often, that error message is caused by an IT Policy on the device, and the app is attempting to do something in violation of the IT Policy. You can check to see if you have an IT Policy via this KB:

• KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

If you indeed have an IT Policy, then the first question is why do you have it? The answers are:

If you are currently on BES (either from your work or from a single-user BES-level email service provider you are paying for), then you need to talk to the BES admins as they are in control of the policy. Proceed no further in these instructions if you are presently on BES.

If you are not on BES, then somehow a latent IT Policy is on your device (perhaps it was previously associated to BES, but never properly cleansed), and you will want to cleanse it from your device so as to gain full use of all your device can do, not restricted by the IT Policy. To do so, start with the Backup procedures linked from my auto-sig below...you will need ALL of that in order to proceed, for the cleansing process will totally wipe your device clean of everything, returning it to it's original "out of the box" condition. Next, refer to this KB, which is the method for removing an IT Policy from a BB:

• KB31291 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Finally, when you restore from the backup, do not do a full restore...rather, only a selective restore of only those databases you require (e.g., contact, calendar, etc.), specifically avoiding restoration of any databases that have anything to do with IT Policy, Enterprise, or anything similar. If you restore those, they will dutifully restore the IT Policy to the device, and you will be right back where you presently are.

Now, if you don't have an IT Policy, then you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support to find out why this app is not working on your specific device. You may also need to contact the app developer for their assistance.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code