Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
ameysdhaygude
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

Whatapp over wifi with mobile network on

I want to use whatsapp on wifi, keeping my mobile network on, but data services off (In mobile network options). I tried this thing but whatsapp doesnt work.

i have wifi setup at my home. To use whatapp on wifi i have keep my mobile network off. as the mobile network is off i cant receive calls n sms.  Any solution for this?

Amey

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3247)

Re: Whatapp over wifi with mobile network on

Hello Ameysdhaygude

Welcome to http://supportforums.blackberry.com

This depends on your plan and your carrier

To use WhatsApp via Wi-Fi without turning off mobile radio must have data plan, otherwise the radio will work just off mobile.

Regards.

• Response you like me? Want THANK? Click like.jpg
  • If it was the SOLUTION click "Accept as Solution"!

#bbm.original.png4LL original.png  #ichooseBlackBerry10 @Gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ameysdhaygude

"To use WhatsApp via Wi-Fi without turning off mobile radio must have data plan"
In that case whatsapp will be working on My 3G data plan & not Wifi. i want to use it specifically on Wifi with my 3G data plan off, but mobile network active. this kind of setting is available in android devices, where you can switch off mobile data, but not mobile network & use whatsapp on wifi. i.e. one can receive calls n sms with data off.
In case of BB, to use whatsapp on Wifi, i have to keep mobile network off. no phone calls, no sms. it doesnt make any sense.
Amey

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
gutijose14

Ok Ameydhaygude

To turn off the radio you can not disable the data on your device without turning off the radio.

Go to settings, network connections, mobile network enters
In the tab where it says data services off.

Now you can use your WhatsApp via wi-fi and without turning off mobile radio.

If you're going to be more connected to a wi-fi option reminds enable data services.

Regards.

• Response you like me? Want THANK? Click like.jpg
  • If it was the SOLUTION click "Accept as Solution"!

#bbm.original.png4LL original.png  #ichooseBlackBerry10 @Gutijose14

Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ameysdhaygude

Tried it. doesnt work.

setting off data services switches off all the data. i.e. both 3G & wifi.

Amey

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
gutijose14

Hi Ameysdhaygurde

Turning the radio should run you the whatsapp via wi-fi

But you can use the whatsapp with data plan or wi-fi

I recommend you check with your carrier for service books.

Please use plain text.