Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

zmm
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 3
Accepted Solution

Whatsapp Stops Working Randomly

I have a Bold 3 Blackberry which is old. Recently I am facing problems with Whatsapp. I dont have mobile data package, and use my wi-fi for Whatsapp which has not given me any problems in the past. Recently, Whatsapp randomly stops working even though my internet browser works fine, so there is no issue with connectivity. I then have to take my phone's battery out and insert it again (a full reboot o f the phone) for Whatsapp to start working again. And after some time, it does the same thing. What is the reason? help me please 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Re: Whatsapp Stops Working Randomly

hello there

How about uninstalling then reinstalling, that is surely the best way to go about it. if that doesent work then there might be some interference within your phone software, trying flashing it, there are tools which u can easily use for that.

zmm
New Contributor

Re: Whatsapp Stops Working Randomly

Thank you for your help.
zmm
New Contributor

Even though I have Wi-Fi, my data plan gets used up while browsing. What to do?

Hi, I have a Blackberry Bold 4. Even though my phone is connected to the Wi-fi and has mobile internet, the mobile internet is used instead of the wi-fi incase of internet browsing and Whatsapp. I tried to switch off my data services, but then when I try to use the internet the message : A communication failure has occured. The server may be busy, please try again later, appears. Also, Whatsapp does not work either. So Im left with no choice, but to switch on data services, after which everything works fine, but I am being charged for it. What do I do?