Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Erik-Bold
My Device: Bold-9780
Accepted Solution

Whatsapp

Hello, I updated whatsapp a 2 weeks ago, but after the update I am only able to open the application and see the latest messages sent in every chat but when I try to open the chat, nothing happens. It wont allow me to open the chat, I can however e-mail the chat history but that's not really working... Does anyone have a solution for this? Erik
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Whatsapp

can you uninstall it, then reinstall it?
this should trigger a new WhatsApp linkage to your device (through the SMS sending).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
Erik-Bold

Thanks for replying, but I did that several times, uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, rebooting but it didn't work. I did get a message after each reinstall saying "WhatsApp internal use. You can safely delete this message." following a ref. code. Also I finally tried doing a factory reset, which worked. getting rid of everything on my phone and after restoring a backup. After restoring the backup I redownloaded apps and WhatsApp started working again as if nothing happened. Erik
Guru I
Xandrex

I don't know what else to do.
can you contact the WhatsApp support?

http://www.whatsapp.com/contact/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
Erik-Bold

Sorry might not have been very clear.

I did a factory reset and restored my latest backup and after that whatsapp worked fine again. So it's solved, but thanks for the quick reply!

Erik

antonyokongo90
My Device: blackberry z10

i want whatsapps

Guru I
Xandrex

then just install it, antonyokongo90.

New Contributor
Phago
My Device: 3G Curve 9300

Hello, I updated whatsapp about 3 weeks ago, but after the update my whatsapp wouldn't open anymore,the only message I see is (error loading modules)and this is very stressful please help.I even tried the uninstall and re-installing and even did the security wipe option but nothing helps.Does anyone have a solution for this?
Guru I
Xandrex

Hello Phago,

You may want to contact the Whatsapp support team directly.

New Contributor
Phago
My Device: 3G Curve 9300

Thanks Xandrex,I'll try them.