Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

When is a BBM messenger message delivered

Can someone explain to me when a BBM message is really delivered?  My DH will send me a message and it will have a d in the check.  He gets no answer from me and he tries Pinging me or sending more messages.  The reason he is not getting any messages back is that I have not gotten the messages.  When I do finally get the messages, he is rather frustrated and angry.  He thinks I am ignoring him when I don't get the messages.  Does the d mean that it is on my phone or that it has been delivered to my provider and will be sent to my phone the next time I have reception?

This is really causing problems for us and I need to know if it is my phone or something having to do with messenger.

Thanks.

Solutions: 6,111
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: When is a BBM messenger message delivered

"D" is delivered to the device.

"R" is read (or rather the message has been opened).

What's a DH?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks.   DH stands for Dear Husband.  So if that is the case, why would my husband's phone say d 20 minutes before it arrives at my phone?   We even compared the time and it said it was sent on his phone at the time he wrote it and it will say received 20 minutes later when I finally got them on my phone.  This happened today and I was in a bad reception area and he was pretty upset that I didn't answer him right away and I was frustrated that he wasn't answering a question I asked him.  I looked at my phone every 2 minutes or so, so I didn't miss it.  

Any ideas why that would happen?

jpetriel wrote:

I was in a bad reception area

Well, there's one clue.

Also, there are times BIS servers are slow. There was a day this past week that I saw some issues being reported in North America. Could be related.

Does the delay happen ALL of the time, or intermittently? Only on messages from your DH, or does it delay from other people to you, or you TO others, including the DH?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

It doesn't happen all the time.  It just seems to happen when he really needs to "talk" to me.  I don't think he notices as much other times. I only have DH on my messenger (and I on his) so we don't know if it happens with other people.  I was just wondering if the d would come up when it gets to the server but not to my phone?  It is usually when I have bad reception, but he has been able to get messages from me when he has no bars.  It is just frustrating.

New Contributor

Forgot to answer about the to.  It doesn't seem to be when I am sending messages only receiving them. 

I'm sure it is frustrating. I don't know what to tell you, if you're in an area with a weak signal, I'd expect delays and such.

I'd recommend this for sure, a simple reboot every few days. With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

That wil always reduce lag and problems of the device being slow. It could help you.

Knowledge Base Updates