Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

tomc89
My Device: Not Specified

Where is the Shazam app!?

Searched for it on appworld programme on BB tried searching for it via the site but to no avail! Any suggestions or has it been removed?
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Where is the Shazam app!?

you can see that application only if your device is compatible.
if you own a Storm, you will have to wait for Shazam to be released for the Storm device.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor
metturr
My Device: Blackberry Storm

I had Shazam on my Storm since the App World has been released. I just searched in the App World and it works great. It is on a trial period for 30 days.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

metturr : yes, the explanation is quite simple: Shazam messed up and declared (wrongfully) that the version they uploaded on the App World was compatible with the Storm, whereas it was only compatible with the Bold and the Curve 8900. Since then Shazam corrected the compatible device list.

You managed to install it, just like you would manage to install VLingo or Opera Mini on your Storm, but it shouldn't work, and the Shazam application you have installed on your Storm is not the correct one. It may work, but the real application designed especially for Storm will be better.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
TraceyL4191
My Device: Not Specified

By the sounds of things, it looks like I know why I can't download Shazam. I have a Pearl 8130, couldn't find the it on App World, found it on RIM's page and had the link sent to my phone but when it comes up in the App World the download button was curiously missing. Sent Shazam support and email....haven't heard back from them, but it sound like that is normal from some of the other Shazam posts. Oh well....