Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
jusacruiser
My Device: Not Specified

Which is Better? Pandora or Slacker?

Which is better?   Pandora or Slacker?

So far the Slacker App has been a monumental disappointment.   The navigation is tricky where the goal of the Slacker App is to annoy you just enough, where you give up on the free version and say, "oh well, just let me pay for the premium version."   Nut-ah.  You're not getting off that easy.  I must have a POSITIVE experience with the FREE version, before I will even consider the pay for version.

Have any of you'll out there tried either Pandora or Slacker?   Please provide your feedback.

Please use plain text.
Developer
logman

Re: Which is Better? Pandora or Slacker?

I have both Pandora and Slacker on my  BB8320.  Both work very well. I have purchased a Slacker G2 portable radio so I will be removing that app from my BB. Pandora functions well, but some places like quite a few apps it takes a while to spool up.  JMHO.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jusacruiser

That reminds me of something else.  The constant buffering. Takes forever.   I find the Slacker App very tedious.

Also.....You know where you can put the song/artist that you choose to listen to?  Instead of bringing up that artist or song, it simply creates a station named for that artist or song.

Don't fall for the slick advertising campaign that Slacker puts out.   This is really a terrible app.   :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
cheinyeanlim

For those of you who don’t know what Slacker is it is basically an Internet radio provider which allows custom streams to be listened to on your handset, computer or Slacker Portable device, it is available free of charge however supported by advertising and there is limited functionality, however if you are a paying customer there are no ads and a lot more functionality.

http://www.pupuweb.com/blog/slacker-radio-icon-on-verizon-blackberry-storms/

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jusacruiser

cheinyeanlim wrote:
For those of you who don’t know what Slacker is it is basically an Internet radio provider which allows custom streams to be listened to on your handset, computer or Slacker Portable device, it is available free of charge however supported by advertising and there is limited functionality, however if you are a paying customer there are no ads and a lot more functionality.

Since my last post, I have been flooded with emails saying how much better Pandora is, than Slacker.   Respondents....instead of just describing the way Slacker works, please just let me know which is better.  As of right now Pandora is winning that contest hands down.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

jusacruiser wrote:

Since my last post, I have been flooded with emails saying how much better Pandora is, than Slacker.   Respondents....instead of just describing the way Slacker works, please just let me know which is better.  As of right now Pandora is winning that contest hands down.

I might suggest that "better" is a judgment rather than a fixed piece of information. As such, it is dependent upon individual desires, preferences, and such. Hence, you will have to make your own decision based on the facts that you are receiving.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.