Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
VoicesInMyHead
My Device: Not Specified

Windows Live Messenger stops receiving messages

Hello, all.

I'm running Windows Live Messenger 2.1.41 on a an AT&T Blackberry Bold.  When Windows Live Messenger first loads up, messages and status are received normally.  However, after a seemingly random amount of time (but usually within an hour), Windows Live Messenger will stop receiving any messages or status updates.  It will continue to appear "online" to everyone else, but it receives no messages.  Messages sent to the device are NOT bounced back... they are just "lost".  Outbound messages DO make it out to the recipient, and once a message is sent, it will receive messages for a while until it goes deaf again.

In this state, Windows Live Messenger is completely unusable and totally unreliable.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  Any plans to fix it?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
VoicesInMyHead

Re: Windows Live Messenger stops receiving messages

This is still occurring.  Is anyone else experiencing this, or is it just me?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
frad

Hi,

I am in Canada with Rogers Wireless and I can confirm that I too am seeing this same exact problem.  It is very annoying since there is no way to know which messages make it to me and which once don't. An unreliable instant messenger might as well be a useless one really.

I did a little digging around and it seems like we

are not alone either.  Here are some other people who seem to be in the same boat:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/missing-im-messages-windows-live-messenger-109034/

http://forums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=101712

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/172968-windows-live-messenger-i... 

No solutions out there yet either.... Anyone out there experiencing the same problem please post your experience too as it will bring more attention to this issue.  Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
VoicesInMyHead

I am amazed nobody else is complaining about this issue.  I thought for sure there would be more than two people here that are trying to use this client and getting this issue.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
frad

Agreed.  This really is a big issue in my book.  It looks like it is not limited to any one network or specific blackberry device either.

If there are others that are experincing this issue please post here too. Thanks! 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ericvn

I have also had this issue from day 1.  There are some paid apps that do seem to work, but you'd think RIM would get get the apps working as well.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Prune

I have this problem as well. I have had the Bold since the end of September, but the MSN problem only manifested about three weeks ago. This is not the first bug I have encountered with RIM software, and have found even their paid support sorely lacking. I will definitely discourage all my acquaintances from going for RIM devices until their software quality gets a passing grade.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Windows Live services (Messenger & email) have proven to have very bad Quality of Service when it comes to non-Windows smartphones.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ClowdCole

I have a good friend having this issues with the Storm. Do we know if RIM is working on fixing the issue or just ignoring it?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Prior to spend time fixing the bug, RIM has to acknowledge the issue. That is published on the public knowledge base. You can browse it and see if there is an article about your WLM issue. To do so, just click on the "BlackBerry Technical Solution Center" on the top right corner of the current page.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.