Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jamzbb
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Windows Live Messenger stops receiving messages

Hi there,

I just got my BlackBerry Curve 8330 and I'm with Telus.  I just recently discovered this exact problem with Windows Live Messenger on my blackberry as well. :smileysad:  I'm using version 2.1.42.

I've tested this scenario several times.  I got two of my friends sitting next to me on their mobile devices to send me a message and I would never receive it!  A friend also told me he messaged me on his PC and I never received it so I was unable to reply to him.

This is a very annoying problem!  Is it under investiagation yet?  Are there any workarounds?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jamzbb

I have been looking all over for a fix for this VERY ANNOYING problem.  Today when I logged on my windows live messenger I was unable to receive any messages at all from 3 different contacts.  But it seems like I've been able to fix the issue for the time being..

So I tried a battery pull and that did nothing.  I tried reinstalling and that did nothing as well.  However, the thing that DID work was resending the WLM service books!  I've messaged a few people and have been able to carry out conversations for the past hour now.  Lets hope this problem is solved for good!  *fingers crossed*

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
frad

Thanks for posting jamzbb!  The more people that post here the more attention the problem will get.

What did you mean by "resending the WLM service books"?  I'd like to try it to.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jamzbb

Hey frad,

Not a problem.  It's a pretty annoying problem since I use Windows Live Messenger a lot.

To resend the service books for Windows Live Messenger (WLM) you do the following:

From the home screen go into your Options > Advanced Options > Service Book

Now search through the list for the WLM record (there should be 3)

If you click on the record and once you're viewing the record press the menu button and click on 'Show HRT'

Once in the Host Routing Table page, press the menu button again and select Register Now

I did this for all 3 WLM records.  My MSN is still functioning ok.  I tried sending a few quick short messages to myself using a different account and some of the messages were still lost.  But all in all, it's working better than before.  Good luck let me know how it works out for you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Prune

I've started using BeejiveIM instead, and there's no such problem with it.  On top of this, it works with all IM networks, not just MSN, and you can also do offline (invisible) mode messaging, and will show you messages queued up while you were actually offline too.
Please use plain text.
boof02671

I have Sprint and they were not able to resolve the issue, it does not receive messages and tried several differant people, phone to phone, computer to phone and phone to computer, shows it sent but it never gets recieved and Sprint said they cant do anything about it.

It shows your contacts online and when they sign offline but no messages ever get recieved and like I said, we tried several differant blackberrys

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jamzbb

I think you're right.  It will probably be best to just get beejive.  I don't want to have my msn choke up on me at a random time and never know when someone could be sending me an important message but I never receive it :smileysad: ...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
frad

Just a small bump.

This issue still persists on my end.... unfortunate that no solution seems in sight or no official acknowledgment of the issue.

I've noticed that it seems like I can almost always reply immediately if I am on my PC and recieve a message from someone using WLM on their blackberry.  In that situation the person on the blackberry gets the message.  If however I send a message to someone on a blackberry first... they rarely get it.  I'ts like after a while WLM on the blackberry "stops listening" for new messages.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ericvn

My issue seems to have been solved by loading the most recent WLM, 2.1.44.  With this release I haven't had an issue where I lost on of my test messages sent randomly throughout the day.

Eric VN

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jamzbb

ericvn wrote:

My issue seems to have been solved by loading the most recent WLM, 2.1.44.  With this release I haven't had an issue where I lost on of my test messages sent randomly throughout the day.

Eric VN

Yes!  Same for me, since I've downloaded 2.1.44 I've been able to use WLM without anymore problems.  It's great because my beejive trial just expried :smileywink:

Please use plain text.