If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

buttercup
My Device: Not Specified

Yahoo Messenger, GoogleTalk and Facebook

I no longer wish to use Gooletalk or Yahoo Messenger on my phone but when I go to delete them from my phone (8110 Pearl) they do not appear in the application list or on the application loader on my desktop.  How do I delete these applications?  Secondly I have been using FB on my phone for awhile now but suddenly the messages I recieve through the facebook application are deleting before I even have a chance to read them.  My FB thread always shows up as empty even though I recieve messages daily from FB.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Yahoo Messenger, GoogleTalk and Facebook

What happens when you press Gtalk and Yahoo messenger applications?Do you receive the login screen? or you are taken to browser page?

About facebook message deletion...you're facing memory constraints in your device. Due to which MMS are being received in your device but for low memory they were deleted you even see them.

Perform the following steps –

1.      Give a soft reset by removing the battery for 30sec.

2.      Check how much memory is free in your device to Options -> Status -> Free Memory

3.      To view all the database size go to Option -> Status -> click Menu button then select Database Sizes

4.      Delete less frequently used application. To delete go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> highlight the application you want to delete -> click Menu and select Delete

5.      If you stored your picture in device memory them move them to your media card

Check the below Knowledge Bases -

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
HeavenBound

You might be able to do it while connected to the software on your computer. I don't remember if all the apps show up, but there is a "manage your apps" option there, as well.

HTH, Catherine 

Please use plain text.
Visitor
shaileshgune

I cannot use desktop facebook on 8110 it gives error that handheld is not supported. Also cannot refresh GPS and cannot use vodaphone navigator as it gives error
Please use plain text.