Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
AlmightySage
My Device: Not Specified

YouTube/Sudoku Applications

I've been wanting to get the YouTube application my mother's Curve has and the Sudoku application the Tour's come with for my Storm 9530 and I'm just wondering if these applications have versions made for the Storm 9530.  I don't want just any either.  I want the ones made by the same people as were made for the other two phones.  Also, is there any talk of the Dictionary.com application working for the Storm 9530 because when I tried I got a compatibility error.  I'd really like to get all three of these.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: YouTube/Sudoku Applications

Hmm...but you didn't mention which application developer or game name it is specifically you are looking for.

Have you looked in AppWorld, from your mother's curve, to see if it/those are available. If so, it will apear for that model device.

About dictionary.com, I haven't seen that app... got a link or idea about the app you speak of?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AlmightySage

I don't know who created the Sudoku.  I don't have access to a Tour right now and I forgot who it was.  I was hoping whoever answered me would be familiar with it.  I've looked for the YouTube application on App World and tried to do it through the website but had no luck either way.  The link for Dictionary.com is quite simple.  Just http://dictionary.reference.com/apps/blackberry

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

if the application does not appear in AppWorld while viewing from your Storm, then it's not available.

I don't know when it will be...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AlmightySage

So, you're saying that if I can't get something through App World it's impossible?  Even if I got a hold of customer serivce they wouldn't be able to set me up with something?  I find it dumb that the Tour can get Sudoku but not the Storm.  It's not like there is that many games that come on the device in the first place and I don't see why they would overlook one and add the others to both.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

if you want to install an application through AppWorld, using your device, you can only see applications that are compatible with your device. You can of course contact  the customer service of the editor of an application and ask them when they will release a version that will be compatible with your device.

There are main huge differences between an application for a touchscreen device and for a device with a keyboard, and it's much easier to develop an application for a Tour than for a Storm (just see Ka-Glom...) so I can understand why some applications are not (yet) available for the Storm.

That being said, some editors are lazy and publish some versions of their applications on some shops but not on AppWorld. Other shops include MobiHand, Handango, GetJAR, BPlay.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.