Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
hannahlouise_94
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
Accepted Solution

accidentally deleted app

hey, i accidentally deleted my facebook app from my phone and when i go to try and download it again it wont let me, i have no idea on how i get it back, if somebody could help me i'd be really happy! thank you :smileyhappy: x

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: accidentally deleted app

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please explain what "it wont let me" means...the exact steps you attempt, the exact results you expect from each step, and the exact results you receive would be more helpful. Additionally, if there are any error messages, the complete and exact text (including all punctuation) of the messages would help even further. From what you've so far told us, I cannot tell how you are attempting this (there is more than one way) nor what is happening when you make the attempt.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
hannahlouise_94

thank you!

well i deleted the icon from my menu bit, i know i didn't uninstall but i went on to my app world to try and download it again and it brings no option for me to even download it, it doesn't bring up any error messages or anything like that. i don't really know how to get it back :/ 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

hannahlouise_94 wrote:

thank you!

well i deleted the icon from my menu bit

Ummm..."menu bit"? Do you mean your HomeScreen? Or some other location? Again, step by step of what you did would be more helpful to understanding your situation.

hannahlouise_94 wrote:

i know i didn't uninstall

Please double check that...here:

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone

If it's installed, then what you probably did was hide or move the icon rather than deleting it. But, again, step by step would help more.

• KB12206 How to move an icon on the BlackBerry smartphone

hannahlouise_94 wrote:

but i went on to my app world to try and download it again and it brings no option for me to even download it, it doesn't bring up any error messages or anything like that. i don't really know how to get it back :/ 

You could, with the KB above, actually delete the app and then you should be able to reinstall it. That is, of course, assuming it's actually still installed.

Let us know.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
hannahlouise_94

yes i do mean the home screen.

i tried the KB10040 and it didn't show up in the list.

New Contributor
hannahlouise_94

ohh wait, on my applications bit i clicked on the bit at the side where it says 'add on' and it says facebook is there and underneath it says 'research in motion limited' any ideas?

New Contributor
shravs
My Device: curve 8520

if u arent getting any download option on app world try finding the application on app world from ua pc. u get an QR CODE .. open app world from ur mobile device and click the option scan bar code .. you;l find ua camera activated place the camera still for 3mins and you will find the app on your device with download option :smileyhappy:  hope my reply was helpfull

New Contributor
hannahlouise_94

it says i have to download an app world browser plug-in but it wont let me download it :smileysad: thank you for trying to help though 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

hannahlouise_94 wrote:

ohh wait, on my applications bit i clicked on the bit at the side where it says 'add on' and it says facebook is there and underneath it says 'research in motion limited' any ideas?

That means that the FB app is indeed installed. So, whatever you did on your homescreen, you DID NOT uninstall the app. Rather, you either moved the icon to a different area or subfolder (e.g., Downloads) and/or you hid the icon. So, dig deep, into all homescreen areas and sub-folders...and make sure you have Show Hidden (or Show All) active on each of those so that you can see all icons, including any that are hidden.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

hannahlouise_94 wrote:

it says i have to download an app world browser plug-in but it wont let me download it :smileysad: thank you for trying to help though 

If you are using your PC/browser and USB tether to use AppWorld...stop and disconnect from the PC. Rather, use only the on-device AW interface for this. Sometimes, the PC/browser/USB tether method goes wonky, but I've found the on-device AW interface to always be good.

If all else fails, proceed with uninstalling the app and then get it back from AW. You may have to refresh your apps in AW.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates