Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

randSaleh
My Device: bold9900

bbm for blackberry smartphone (bold9900)

I wanted to download bbm7 to my blackberry smartphone so I took the steps from youtube after all the steps they asked me to restart my phone,after restarting my bbm got deleted.I tried downloading it from the blackberryappstore ,what it says is" bbm is not available for this device" and I really need bbm to communicate, I hope you find me solution as soon as possible. Thankyou:smileyhappy:
Super Contributor
fischersd
My Device: iPhone 5s

Re: bbm for blackberry smartphone (bold9900)

It's sounding like you may have put a version of BB OS or BBM on your device that isn't yet supported "in the wild".  The problem with using unsupported means for putting software updates on your BlackBerry is that they can produce undesirable results.

I'd suggest you plug your Bold into a desktop running BlackBerry Desktop and put whatever the latest supported version is back on your bold.  Once you've done that, you should find AppWorld agreeable to letting you reinstall the most current version of BBM for that OS version.

randSaleh

what should I do next after plugging in my BB to the laptop?
Super Contributor
fischersd
My Device: iPhone 5s

Go to desktop manager and do a software update.  You may have to click advanced settings.  Honestly, can't remember what the menu items are.  I'll leave step-by-step instructions (if that's what you're after) to someone who still has that installed. :smileyhappy:

randSaleh

I clicked the update software button ,but its like " windows couldn't find driver software for your device" :s
JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Please don't double post and triple post your questions in the forum, once is enough, thanks.

You're question was answered in your other thread.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/bbm7/m-p/2643445/highlight/false#...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

And, if you need to reinstall BlackBerry AppWorld, using your browser, navigate to www.blackberry.com/appworld to reinstall.

One more VERY important question:  On your Manage Connections screen, click on the Services Status.
What is the status of the BlackBerry Internet Service?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code