Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
MitBBid1
My Device: Torch

bbm voice puzzle

I am in Ecuador in a remote camp. I have my Canadian Torch on Telus and we just bought three brand new bb curves on Claro plan to use bbm and bbm voice in camp. All have data plans. BbM 7 is installed on all. There is no 3G signal usually as we are remote -- we had to set phones up in nearest town with a 3G connection. All four phones are connected to wifi. Bbm text messages work between each and every contact -- no problems, no delays. One new curve phone can call all three other phones (green icons) and calls are clean and clear. All three of these phones including the Canadian phone can receive calls from the first one but cannot phone that contact back -- the icon is grey. The message says Contact is unavailable, try again later when that phone is right there on the table showing green icons for every contact. The other 3 phones can call each other including my new Claro curve can bbm voice my older Canadian Telus torch and vice versa. The telus phone has 3G turned off to avoid roaming while the three local phones have radio on even though there's no signal. One of the phones initially could receive calls from everyone but couldn't call. It now can call 2 of the others including the Canadian and the only thing I did that I can think of was to invite the 4th phone (which still can't be called).

Anyone seen anthing like this? Most of my contacts on Canadian torch are currently grey even though I could call those numbers before. Not sure what will happen when I get back to Canada. I made no adjustments or settings to my Canadian phone.

Sorry for the long description -- any suggestions welcome. Remember -- texting works on all connections and we only have wi-fi so wI-fi is working
Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: bbm voice puzzle

Hey MitBBid1,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

To better assist you what model BlackBerry and device software version are you using? I would suggest to try removing the contact from each BlackBerry Messenger contact list and then re-add and test.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!