Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
brandon0726
My Device: 9300 curve
Accepted Solution

blackberry protect issues

Hello all. I am new to the BlackBerry Way of Life. I love my new 9300 Curve. I recently installed BlackBerry Protect and a couple of days later I noticed that it has become disabled. I cannot verify my BlackBerry ID, and the whole BlackBerry Protect app is off-line. I have tried unloading and then reloading the app, which has not worked. Can anyone offer some guidance? Thank you.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: blackberry protect issues

are you able to log in BlackBerry ID using a desktop browser ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
brandon0726
My Device: 9300 curve

Xandrex, thanks for asking. I fixed the issue. I wish that I could remember what I did. Sorry. Thanks again.
Paul-D
My Device: .

New Contributor
heitorsj
My Device: Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

There is a bisbehavior or a BUG I really would like to see solved. It happens with deleted or transfered devices on Blackberry Protect site.

I have 4 devices. Three of them are new and have blackberry protect installed and running under my bb id account:.

One of the Bolds 9900 (exactly the one a most use) I had transfered from my T-Mobile German account to this where the other 3 are.

I had the device there at the site, but i decided to delete it to start a new history of it...

After that, the device DOES NOT COME UP again to the site under no circunstances any more. It was there, but the device did not respond to any command from the site. The bb protect client backs up normaly, it even restores! But I have no idea from where!

Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Guru I
Xandrex

I don't know, when you use several devices at the same time, my preference would be to use one BlackBerryID for each device.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
irfanfare
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

I am able to log in to BB Protect using a desktop browser, but I am unable to do so when I get a log in failure using BB Protect. The error says that either my ID or password is incorrect, fact is they they not. Can there be some way I can use the BB Browser to login to Protect via Browser by clicking on the Error in my Protect?

Guru I
Xandrex

hello irfanfare,

I suggest you use the BlackBerry browser and go to http://us.blackberry.com/id/ . And try to log in. If you get the same error, it simply means you type correctly the password on your desktop keyboard but not on your Curve keyboard. Please tell us how it goes.

New Contributor
irfanfare
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Thanks, Xandrex,

I did as you suggested, there is no option to Login on that page. Any other idea? I'm typing my password correctly. Have tried writing my Live id as well as the User name as shown on my device. It works well when I login through the desktop which is a Windows 8 CPx64 using IE10 as well as Fiirefox. My device is not identifiable when I login using the desktop.