Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
black_nr
My Device: curve 8520
Accepted Solution

blackberry support community

BBM 7.0.0.123 can't read (unsupported) some character emotican n text
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: blackberry support community

Hello,

Ummm...sorry, but...what? Can you try again please, perhaps using a few more words so as to fully explain your situation?

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
black_nr

New bbm 7.0.0.123 have been upgrades in my blackberry curve 8520 device. The problem is my bbm 7.0.0.123 unsupported when received some other font text style and character emoticon (can't showing the text just a black box) Some people says "you must install fancy text to supported that" I do that download an then installing fancy text but it's not working. My bbm just only read a black box when received that. Sorry...my english is bad...hope you understand my problem...thank's..
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Based on that, what I would instead deduce is that the BBM message you receive contains characters from a language that you do not have installed to your BB. For example, they are sending Russian characters, but you don't have the Russian language installed on your BB, then your BB cannot then interpret and display those characters, and substitutes those black boxes in their place.

If you know the language that is being sent to you, you can try installing it to your BB...to do so, start by taking a full and complete backup of your BB...you can find instructions in the link in my auto-sig on this post.

Then, next learn this:

• KB05305 Localization support for BlackBerry smartphones

That will guide you as you select BB OS packages to install to your BB via the following procedure.

Please refer to this official download portal as you proceed. It is sorted first by carrier -- so if all you want are the OS levels your carrier supports, your search will be quick. However, some carriers are much slower than others to release updates. To truly seek out the most up-to-date OS package for your BB, you must dig through and find all carriers that support your specific model BB, and then compare the OS levels that they support.

From a PC, you can install any compatible (e.g., for your exact BB Model Number) OS package to a BB via this procedure:

Note that while written for "reload" and the Storm, it can be used to upgrade, downgrade, or reload any BB device model -- it all depends on the OS package you download and install to your PC. After installing the OS package to your PC, please remeber to delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Be sure that you remove, from your PC, any other BB device OS packages as having more than one installed to the PC can cause conflicts with this procedure.

If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:

• KB19915How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
black_nr

This is some other name on my bbm contact used a symbol,characters,font text style etc whatever said that can't readed my bbm 7 .͡▹ᶤᵗ`ˢ ᵐᵉ Bayoe dyaz,AJI*wine*Prabowo//Qeju*wine*,BΔ26ORO ᶤˢ ᵐʸ ᶰᵃᵐᵉ,Guritno wibowo ᵐᵞ ᵑᵃᵐᵋ,Ðє̲̣̥ë_îşÿã [ⓓⓐⓜⓐⓡ] do you see the black boxes and little stars behind the text,that is a problem of my bbm 7.