Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
nonyanon
My Device: tmobile blackberry bold 9700
Accepted Solution

blackberry won't let me log into blackberry.com account - says does not support my os system

I'm not too happy w/ my BB bold lately, especially since downloading the new upgrade.

now when I try to go into bb app world thru my bb bold, i get message "...does not support your operating system...".

I'm just TRYING to download the 511 ny app.  exhausting.

and by the way, my last two bb bold phones would not let me access the bb app.  (I have already replaced one bb bold because of a white screen issue, NOW, tmobile wants to send me another bb bold phone because of a java.lang error message that pops up when i restart my phone).

i'm also not happy w/ Google maps apps discounting w/ BB, the Map app that come w/ BB bold does not have features I need.

I can't go to an Android phone b/c I need the vertical qwerty key pad, plus I have always like BB, BUT NOT LATELY.  Are BB's on their way out?

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: blackberry won't let me log into blackberry.com account - says does not support my os system

[ Edited ]

The 511 app should work with the 9900.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19510/?lang=en

The 9900 is on the compatible list.

You may have to send an email to rwilliam@dot.state.ny.us He is listed as the support contact on the link I posted if you can install it from there.

Good deal on getting a replacement phone because of the java.lang error.  I'm thinking a software reload would fix that, but getting a new phone is a good thing in any case.

google maps download:  from your phone head to google.com/mobile/other

blackberry is not on their way out.  See here:

http://global.blackberry.com/blackberry-10.html

Re: blackberry won't let me log into blackberry.com account - says does not support my os system

nope that google map link only supports androids.

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

[ Edited ]

When I go to that link from my blackberry and clicked on google maps, it goes directly to the download to install google maps.  Do you see the google maps icon to click on?

I got this information from

http://crackberry.com/where-did-google-maps-blackberry-go

thanks but still no go.  it allows me to download and see the ole familiar icon, but once i click on it the terms and conditions start coming up, then says 'please wait', then pop screen says "serious error".  still no go.  

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

Gothca so you did get it installed.  Have you tried a battery pull to see if that will help?

[ Edited ]

thanks but still no go.  it allows me to download and see the ole familiar icon, but once i click on it the terms and conditions start coming up, then says 'please wait', then pop screen says "serious error. please exit and restart".  so I do a battery pull, and same error comes up.  I CAN SEE THE MAP BEHIND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS!  I'm so close!  help?

511 NY app would be best for me, next to Google Maps App, but it doesn't support BB Bold 9700.  oh well.

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

try the workaround here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/Google-Maps-not-opening-after-upgrade-of-BB-...

Tried all that last nite also. Dropbox link says "unsupported" on my phone. I appeciate your tenacity Wolf. (Oh, interesting tho, I'm not getting the java.lang error anymore when rebooting)
Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

Gotcha.  Try using the dropbox link from your computer.

Once you download the file, use the desktop manager to install google maps.

Here is a how to video on how to install apps using the desktop manager.