Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
fzn_shaikh
My Device: 9780

can we use bbm7 in india now?

I installed it before but was having problems after launching the app. I have a bold 9780 and want to know is it working in india now?
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: can we use bbm7 in india now?

Hello fnz_shaikh

Still now oficially BBM7 is not available in India, you will get a noticifation from BlackBerry World whenever it is available for India , then I hope you won't have any problems with BlackBerry Messenger 7 .

Good luck. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
AhmedHussam
My Device: blackberry bold 9790

Hey, I'm from Saudi arabia and Saudi arabia is availble in the supported app countris and its says "Unavaible for this Device" what shall i do? 

Elite II
prince2012

AhmedHussam wrote:

Hey, I'm from Saudi arabia and Saudi arabia is availble in the supported app countris and its says "Unavaible for this Device" what shall i do? 

Hello AhmedHussam

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Yes Saudi Arabia is in supported country list .From where you tried to download or update BlackBerry Messenger Application

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
AhmedHussam

I Tried to download it from everywhere! from "App world" on my device and from the appworld site on laptop my device is 9790 Bold 7.1 Software and i don't know what's wrong here is  a photo you can see : 

Elite II
prince2012

Hi AhmedHussam

Genally this error appear when your Country is not in the list of supported Country , I assume currently you are Saydi Arabia , So first step is to delete BlackBerry Messenger from your device if any version is already installed ,For that On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management > Delete BlackBerry Messenger from that list .

Perform a Battery pull restart by removing the battery and also remove the SIM from your device , wait for atleast a min. then re-insert them back on your device. After reboot your device may prompt you to edit the date and time , edit it and make sure it is same as your network time . Also within that screen Press the menu key > Click on Update Time .

Finally from your BlackBerry Browser browse or Click here  www.blackberry.com/bbm to install the most recent version available for your device . Your device may restart and if BBM7 is installed , you have to enter your BlackBerry ID which will associate with BBM.

Please try it and let us know.

Contributor
AhmedHussam

Thank you for replying, about the first step, i have clicked application management and It's not allowed to be deleted "It' version 6.2.0.50" ,I'd like you to know that I've made upgrade for the software from 7.0 to 7.1 and in the 7.0 software the new version of bbm was working but after i've upgraded the software it says "Unavailble for this device" is there something wrong with the 7.1 software? and when i click that link of bbm you gave me, I opened it from my device and it took me to App world ,urgh im so annoyed from that 

Elite II
prince2012

[ Edited ]

Hi AhmedHussam

As you have Updated your device OS so first  reboot your device and first follow those steps in a sequence :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Resend your Service Book

• KB02830 : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a Registration Message comes in your message box for each email that you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back

Then , When you go to Application Management > On that screen don't click BBM but just highlight BBM , then press the Menu key > Click on Delete . And also If you go through the above link , it should not go through BlackBerry World.

Finally Go  through the same link and see if it allows you BBM7 . So try it and let us know.

Contributor
AhmedHussam

(1 ) I'm sorry for boring you, Well I Tried to dele the old version bbm (6,2) it is not allowed here is a screen shot 

(2) And I Tried again to open the link you gave me from laptop and I Clicked download but it gave me white blank page ,Also i opened it from my Device that's what I got ,what should I click? 

Elite II
prince2012

Hi AhmedHussam

OK , First try those steps as I mentioned On my previous post , And let me know after you recieved those registration messages on your message box.

In addition I have noticed you have wifi ON, don't try it on wifi go through that link over your Carrier Mobile Network.

First try those registration process .