Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Anjurohra
My Device: curve 8520

Re: curve 8520 app error 523 reset

it boots in the safe mode for just a second then again i get the error message screen.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Then you are stuck with what is above. Resign yourself to the fact that your data is gone and start over. Next time, take regular backups and/or avail yourself of the free BB Protect service.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
pascallubile
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300

I have the same problem (app error 523) with a curve 9300, did anybody ever figured out how to solve this problem?

Please use plain text.
bm00567
My Device: Bould 9000

Come faccio a far partire il mio BB, mi da errore 523.

Grazie

Please use plain text.
Visitor
robertostephens
My Device: torch 9800

i also have the same problem with my 8520 curve. it was accidentally disconnected from my computer during an update. it has the OS 5 load up but it does it in less than 15 seconds. (it seems that the OS is incomplete) it then gives me the same app error 523. my computer does not recognise my 8520 using the application loader with the battery in or out. nothing that i've been reading from there posts have worked for me so i/we am/are depending on you"professionals" to assist me/us.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SaurabhJAinLK
My Device: Curve 8520

I am also stuck with the same problem with my Curve 8520. Problem is that Even to update the OS I need to connect it to my PC. But the Blackberry Desktop Software always shows the status 'Connecting...'. OK, I don't want to backup my data again. I have enough Backup but please provide with the solution so that I can atleast make my phone work.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

SaurabhJAinLK wrote:
I am also stuck with the same problem with my Curve 8520. Problem is that Even to update the OS I need to connect it to my PC. But the Blackberry Desktop Software always shows the status 'Connecting...'. OK, I don't want to backup my data again. I have enough Backup but please provide with the solution so that I can atleast make my phone work.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You might have more luck with the BBSAK software (bbsak.org). Just make sure that you have your desired BB OS package also installed to your PC (and, if applicable, have deleted all copies of VENDOR.XML). You should then be able to use that to wipe and reload your BB. You may have to try a few times to get the timing correct to get BBSAK to sense your BB, and you might have to use the "Kill Process" command in BBSAK between attempts.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SaurabhJAinLK
My Device: Curve 8520

BBSAK Solved my problem. My Phone is up and working now.
Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Excellent...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Visitor
dlaidi
My Device: s

Hi, can I have the link that discribe how to reload the OS from scratch if my PC is iMac?

I also have tried to start-up from the safe mode, but it can't.

Thanks in advance..

Please use plain text.