Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Miccul
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520

Re: curve 8520 app error 523 reset

On my blackberry curve 8520 an app error 523 reset comes up on the screen when I turn it on. How do I overcome this error as my phone won't respond to any commands?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Miccul wrote:
On my blackberry curve 8520 an app error 523 reset comes up on the screen when I turn it on. How do I overcome this error as my phone won't respond to any commands?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please scroll up and read this thread...from what you say, information to help you is already posted above...especially perhaps Safe Mode. If not, then perhaps this most drastic recovery attempt may be helpful:

• KB27956 How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
hany_supartika
My Device: RCY71UW

i can't download app
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

hany_supartika wrote:
i can't download app

"app"? What app? For what? Your BB? Your computer? Something else? Are you having the same 523 error as is under discussion in this thread?

Please provide adequate details so that we can understand your situation and perhaps provide you with helpful responses.

Thanks and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
emmanuella91
My Device: blackberry curve 2

i have a problem with my phone it shows app error 523 reset . what should i do?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

emmanuella91 wrote:

i have a problem with my phone it shows app error 523 reset . what should i do?

Congratulations on finding a thread that is perfectly on target to your issue! Well done. Now, your first step is of course to scroll up and read what is already posted...I suspect that what you require has already been posted above, and there's just no need to redundantly post it yet again, especially in the same thread. If you have problems, then please be very specific about exactly what you attempted and exactly what happened with the attempt.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tineebeyb
My Device: 8520

I tried to safe mode it but it ddnt work. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

tineebeyb wrote:

I tried to safe mode it but it ddnt work. :smileysad:

There is a lot more than just that provided in this thread as things to try. Please keep reading this thread.

Also...if you do get stuck, please be a bit more explicit. For example, from this post, I cannot tell if your BB simply would not go into Safe Mode, or if you got into Safe Mode but it made no difference. Exactness and details from you help us to better understand your situation, and thereby help you.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
princecaspian82
My Device: 9800 Torch

Hi im facing a problem in BB curve 8520, after switching on its showing app error 523 and the pointer is in Reset button . If i click on that again it is rebooting after rebooting the same error message is coming. I am unable to get in to the main page itself.Plz help

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

princecaspian82 wrote:

Hi im facing a problem in BB curve 8520, after switching on its showing app error 523 and the pointer is in Reset button . If i click on that again it is rebooting after rebooting the same error message is coming. I am unable to get in to the main page itself.Plz help

Hello,

As has been described above, please read this thread...I am pretty sure that it already contains information to help you, and re-typing it would serve no real purpose.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.