Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

jusaliredd
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

curve 8520 app error 523 reset

i have a problem with my phone when it starts up it gives me the error code app error 523 reset what do i need to do to fix this my cell wont start up without this code coming up ever times and i have tried rebooting it and i tried reinstalling my apps but it still does not work ?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: curve 8520 app error 523 reset

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Here is a KB that discusses that error. Hopefully it contains something useful for you.

Typically, the "fix" is to reload your OS from scratch. Here is a post that describes quite well how to do that:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
celvinnachuma
My Device: curve 8520

i need a solution to the curve 8520 app error 523 reset
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

celvinnachuma wrote:
i need a solution to the curve 8520 app error 523 reset

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Well, since a solution is posted just above your post, I find myself wondering what did not work for that for you in that post.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
celvinnachuma

The topic you asked me check appears to be for a blackberry storm but l need results for the curve 8520 app error 523 please detailed results

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Both actually apply to both. The KB and the OS reload both apply to any model BB.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
plotm8te

Im trying to reinstall my os for the app error 523 reset. I cant pick up my device to do the backup while its in that status.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

plotm8te wrote:

Im trying to reinstall my os for the app error 523 reset. I cant pick up my device to do the backup while its in that status.

I can't quite interpret what the highlighted words were intended to communicate, but with that error, it is entirely possible that the data on your BB is already gone, rendering a backup procedure moot anyway. But, maybe you can get it to start up adequately by trying Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in safe mode

If it won't start up to anything but the 523, then an OS reload is all you can proceed to. Hopefully you already have a recent enough backup from which to restore.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Anjurohra

hey i have a same problem with my bb curve 8520 it is suggested that i take a backup but the cell doesnt connect to the system... what to do.... pleasw help as i dont want to lose the data....
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Anjurohra wrote:
hey i have a same problem with my bb curve 8520 it is suggested that i take a backup but the cell doesnt connect to the system... what to do.... pleasw help as i dont want to lose the data....

Well, are you successful at booting up in safe mode?

Thanks.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates