Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
blessinghills
My Device: Blackberry bold 9790
Accepted Solution

display picture

My bbm display picture won't change! It changes on my phone but it does not reflect on other people's profile! This is really annoying because it's been going on for about 3 weeks nw! Could smone suggest w@ I'm supposed to do plz! I have rebooted the phone, re inserted my sim card, even deleted and reinstalled the bbm application! Thank you
JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: display picture

The best solution I've seen work is the deleting of and reinstalling BBMessenger.

• Delete the app from Options > Device > Application Management.
  • Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot.
  • Reinstall BBM from your BlackBerry browser at www.blackberry.com/bbm

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
blessinghills
My Device: Blackberry bold 9790

Tnx
New Contributor
winmarx
My Device: blackberry 9300 3G

I've seen a mail around that came from RIM asking you to broadcast toi all your contacts. If not your BBM status and those you have on your fone would freeze and will not be able to change. Unfortunately I don't have that anymore. Contact RIM.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

winmarx wrote:
I've seen a mail around that came from RIM asking you to broadcast toi all your contacts. If not your BBM status and those you have on your fone would freeze and will not be able to change. Unfortunately I don't have that anymore. Contact RIM.

That is a scam email, and in no way true. Anyone who sends you that email or broadcast message has no idea what they're doing.  Ignore it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
dermaine
My Device: 9360

My profile pic isn't changing on bbm but all my friends profile pics are, can someone please fix this problem or help me, I tried rebooting my phone but it doesn't work
New Contributor
dermaine
My Device: 9360

JSanders, does my bbm contacts get wiped out when I delete it?