Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jastern21
My Device: Not Specified

downloading app through computer trouble

ok so im sporting the new blackberry curve 8900.  my plan however dosent let me use the browser/wifi.  so in order for me to download apps and app world i had to do it through the computer.  i have app world currently installed on my curve, but when i try to download applications through the blackberry website it dosent work.  they send me the email with the link to download the app, but everytime i click on the link it sends me to the exact same page every time that says "Refer-A-Friend."  it dosent make sense.  and it does this for every app ive tried to download, not just one.

if anyone can help that would be great.

thanks

josh 

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: downloading app through computer trouble

which applications?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Retired
BesManian_Devil

jastern21

The BlackBerry App World Storefront (http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/BlackBerry%20App%20World%20Frequently%20Asked%20Questions.pdf) - Frequently Asked Questions states on page 2

BlackBerry smartphone users who have service plans that do not include browsing will not be able to access BlackBerry App World. A data plan is required to access the application. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Contributor
jastern21

i understand that from the blackberry i wont be able to access the app world.  but when i spoke to my service provider on the phone they told me i can install the app world and other applications through the computer (i.e emailing it to an email address, opening the file/link on a computer, and then importing the aplication from the computer to the blackberry via USB).  the problem is when i click on the link on my computer it sends me to that "refer-a-friend" page each time.  whats weird is that i used the same method to get App World in my blackberry, by importing it through the comp. 
Retired
TheTech
My Device: BlackBerry Storm2 9550

Hello,

Can you try the below link and see if this works for you?

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/appworld/download.jsp#tab_tab_download

New Contributor
jastern21

it sent me to the app world download screen.  i already did that to get the app world onto my blackberry.  i poped in my email and opened the link on my DELL while my blackberry was connected via USB.  when i opened that link it imported App world to my blackberry no problem.....
MaryPat
My Device: BB Storm 9530

I have the 9530 Storm and it is working well with Desktop Manager on my PC. I also have successfully downloaded App World.

I have used App World to select LiveStrong, have entered my email address(es) and have been sent the email link. When I click on the link, I get a 404- No Page Found message. I have used IE and Firefox as browsers; Outlook through my work server; and MSN and Gmail. All result in the same outcome. Help!

Mary Pat

Mary Pat Spon
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

in my opinion, the link is to be opened with the device browser and not from a desktop computer.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Retired
TheTech
My Device: BlackBerry Storm2 9550

Hi,

The link I posted previously can be used on a desktop PC to download the App World application to your device. You can only download apps through the App World client on the BlackBerry itself.