Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Bold 9700

drivesafe.ly freezing my phone

Anybody had any experience with this app? I downloaded the free vers & liked it so much I upgraded to 'Pro'.  It froze my phone so I tried to delete & reinstall.  Now it doesn't work correctly. Any help?

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: drivesafe.ly freezing my phone

Marci,

If you have any problems, please contact tech support using the following link: http://www.drivesafe.ly/contact-support/

They will analyze your case and fix it for you.

Regards,

iSpeech

My Device: Storm 2 9550

Re: drivesafe.ly freezing my phone

Marci and Ispeech

It seems it may not be the DriveSafe.ly software.  As of the other night I also thought it was the software that continually drained my Blackberry Storm 9530 memory to the point that it froze the phone.

I went to my carrier, Verizon, last night and upgraded my phone to the Blackberry Storm 2 9550 phone which runs the Blackberry softare 5.0.0.713 software.  It appears the memory leak is gone now as I'm not seeing my memory draining like I did on the regular Storm 9530.

The difference I can see is that my Storm 9530 was running the 5.0.0.3xx or 5.0.0.6xx software.  So I would say, in my professional IT opinion (as I've been in the IT field for the past 13 years), that most likely the issue is the version of software on your Blackberry that is causing the memory leak.  The reason for saying that is, even after removing the DriveSafe.ly application I continued to see my memory drain within a few minutes.  I would reboot the phone and have 13MB of memory available and withing 10 minutes I was down to 3MB memory remaining.

So my recommendation is, either use your upgrade option with your carrier or spend the $539 retail for the Blackberry Storm 2 9550.  You'll be happy you did, as I know I am!!!!

Robert