Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jcaton
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: na
Accepted Solution

facebook games player

wouldn't it be sweet if there was an app or enhancement to the facebook app that would allow facebook games to be played directly in the app. The playbook mostly works well with facebook games but with all the facebook overhead i think it gets slowed down a bit. any thoughts or insights?
Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: facebook games player

Not technically possible. Facebook apps have access to the Facebook API, which is provided by  the Facebook servers. The authentication mechanisms also rely on the fact that apps are embedded in IFRAMES on Facebook pages served from third-party servers. So you'd end up running the browser inside the Facebook PlayBook app, which is more overhead than running just the browser.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

if the game is flash based, then simply play it in full screen. This will prevent any facebook overhead to slow down the game.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jcaton

yeah, i do that, but some stuff runs a bit slower then expected. it would be nice if flash supported liquid graphics, thats probably the issue.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

what do you mean, Liquid Graphics? I don't understand.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jcaton

I mean GPU acceleration. I thought the graphics accelerator in the playbook was/is called liquid graphics. I could totally be wrong with that though. That is all. I duppose I did word it badly before.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

Liquid Graphics is explained here:
http://m.blackberry.com/us/en/blackberry7-liquid-graphics.html
it concerns BlackBerry smartphones with OS7, and is a way of saying "the OS is snappy".
There is no Liquid Graphics on the PlayBook. On the other hand you are right when you say that there is a GPU on the PlayBook.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jcaton

Yeah, my mistake. Still new to the world of BB's. Any idea what kind of GPU is in the playbook? Oh, and thanks for the info once again.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

you can find some processor information on the Wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_PlayBook

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jrockabillymom
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Clear

Okay, I play Facebook games on my PlayBook but lately the browser keeps closing out when I'm playing a game. Not sure what to do? 

H...

Please use plain text.