Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
mosh009
My Device: blackberry rim bold 9000

facebook status privacy issue

hi.. hope you guys can help me with this problem.. im currently using a bold 9000 o.s 4.6 and as we all know.. facebook app with a higher version is not working on this platform.. so i am using facebook v1.9.. and it's working fine until yesterday.. i just notice that every status or picture that i am uploading (w/c suppose to be reflecting on my wall as public post) is showing as private or there is a lock icon which means "only me". and when i log in to a pc, i still need to change the privacy setting to public for that specific post and it's tiring.. please please help me with this.. thanks in advance..

ps. i already powercycle the phone. already logged in and out on facebook.. already changed the privacy setting on facebook pc site.. and already uninstalled and reinstall another facebook app..

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: facebook status privacy issue

So, you didn't say, but in your Facebook account you have your privacy settings to show these photos to the public or friends? Facebook has gotten so wonky.. who knows what's up.

I'd suggest you go tweak your FB account setting on a PC, perhaps change the setting for photos to viewable by public or friends, something different than you have now, and then go change it back to where you desire.

On the album those mobile uploads are going to, make sure your THAT album is set to public or friends or whatever.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
mosh009

err.. yeah the thing is it's not just with the photos.. im having the same problem with the status update. :smileysad:

JSanders

So, what's that mobile uploads folder set to for privacy?

Can you change it for a few hours and then change it back?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
mosh009

I tried.. Still not working till now. I also restore the phone into its factory setting, and nothing happen.. I emailed facebook about it. But I'm not expecting a reply anytime soon though. Got any other suggestions?
JSanders

Wiping your BlackBerry and resetting to factory will do nothing regarding the Facebook privacy settings.

Can you try using (from your BlackBerry browser) m.facebook.com and see if you find the same problem?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
mosh009

b

using a blackberry browser and opera mini is working just fine.. it's just the facebook app im having problems with..

JSanders

Cool. Ok. I don't how to fix that.
You might consider using Facebook email upload for your photos. Facebook has a user specific email address you can use to send to your account.

Knowledge Base Updates
JSanders

And also try this. On your pc change the privacy setting for this picture folder to something else like all public. Then go back and change it to the previous correct setting and test an upload from fb for BlackBerry app.

Knowledge Base Updates