Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
evo4ever
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: o2

facebook still shows blackberry for smartphones app

Hello all.

My girlfriends blackberry has recently broke and shes got a new samsung galaxy s. When shes makes new post on her galaxy s thru the fb mobile site it still shows "via blackberry smartphones app" after her name in the post. Is this normal? And how can she stop it from saying that? Thx ppl
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: facebook still shows blackberry for smartphones app

Hi evo4ever

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Well that should not happen but still , can you try this to see if it helps in resolving her issues ! From a PC login to FaceBook > Click on Account Setting > Notifications > Edit  App Request and Activity  > On that section be sure that BlackBerry Smartphones App is Unchecked or UNmarked . Save those setting.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
evo4ever

I haven't seen her broken blackberry yet what r the chances of her lying to me lol? I'll tell her to do that and I'll see what happens.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
evo4ever

Anymore ideas people? Thanks
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

evo4ever wrote:
I haven't seen her broken blackberry yet what r the chances of her lying to me lol? I'll tell her to do that and I'll see what happens.

Hello evo4ever

Have you checked if its really broken ? And also have made those changes within FaceBook .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
evo4ever

No I haven't seen it. I forgot to tell her to make the changes to her fb account. I'll tell her. She also said it might b because her sim card is still registered to bbm services, could that b the reason as well? Thanks
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

evo4ever wrote:
 She also said it might b because her sim card is still registered to bbm services, could that b the reason as well? 

Hi evo4ever

No thats not the reason , Those things are controlled by  BlackBerry smartphone apps , not by any SIM , So first be sure that she is not using her BlackBerry Smartphone for such posts , if you bacame sure then check those setting as well.

Please use plain text.