Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: etisalat

gps fitness app

am having trouble with finding the best gps app for tracking my rides and runs...i had ''imapmyride'' but could only work when in a wifi hotspot when i needed to save/retreive workouts and when logging in....data costs are not a problem just need to be able to access my info at anytime...so need an app that can work outside a wifi zone...OR MAYBE I DID SOMETHING WRONG...pls advice...

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: gps fitness app

you can find more than 100 GPS applications, some of which are dedicated to map your tracks.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/search/gps?lang=en

they will require a BlackBerry plan as well as a device that has a GPS antenna (= not 8520 and not 8530).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: etisalat

Thanks I saw many but which would you highly recomend...speed, time, distance, map(pref google maps), stats save-able on sd card if no network, doesn't rely on wi-fi, I have a 9780,
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

i was using mapmyride for a few months, but according to the mapmyride customer support it is no longer compatible with BB OS. They are working on an app for the new 10s only. I see in the forums others are having problems with Runtastic too. I'm switching to Garmin Connect through a gps watch & switching to another platform when my current contract is up.