Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
sammy89
My Device: blackberry 9320
My Carrier: blackberry

hi

Hello, I've been having a problem with my facebook app everytime I log in, in my messages it says " facebook user null " but this only occurs in my messages I've tried to unistall take battery out and re-install but it still says it. It also won't allow me to send messages at all.
Would be so greatful for help on how to resolve this issue thanks in advance :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: hi

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

sammy89 wrote:
I've tried to unistall take battery out and re-install but it still says it.

From those words, I'm not quite sure exactly what steps you did...so I recommend:

1. Remove FaceBook
    • KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone
  2. Batt-Pull Reboot
    • With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.
  3. Re-install FaceBook (from AppWorld)

Failing that, I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sammy89

Ok I shall try these, the only access I have to the internet is via my blackberry will this be an issue? In the steps you have provided me is it unistalling taking out my battery then waiting for a facebook update before re-installing. Thanks :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

sammy89 wrote:
Ok I shall try these, the only access I have to the internet is via my blackberry will this be an issue?

I don't think I understand your concern here. The second set of steps (HRT, SBs, Reboot) will simply make sure that your services from your carrier are properly provisioned onto your BB. I don't think I understand your concern...

sammy89 wrote:
In the steps you have provided me is it unistalling taking out my battery then waiting for a facebook update before re-installing.

No...there is no "waiting"...it is proactive.

1. You remove the FaceBook app.
  2. Then reboot your BB.
  3. Then go into AppWorld and re-install FB.

There is no "waiting" involved. In this process, if you wait, nothing at all will happen while you wait.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sammy89

Hello again sorry for the delay I have just done each of these
1.You remove the FaceBook app.
2.Then reboot your BB.
3. Then go into AppWorld and re-install FB. After doing all these it still hasn't resolved my problem. Do you think I should take my phone back to the shop and see if they can help me? Thanks for all you're help though :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sammy89

Hello again sorry for the delay I have just done each of these
1.You remove the FaceBook app.
2.Then reboot your BB.
3. Then go into AppWorld and re-install FB.
After doing all these it still hasn't resolved my problem. Do you think I should take my phone back to the shop and see if they can help me? Thanks for all you're help though :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well, did you do the other steps I recommended (HRT, Service Books, Reboot)? From what you've said, I cannot tell...

If you have done those and things remain like this, then you should indeed go seek formal support. But where that comes from might be tricky. You should start with the shop, but they may push you to your mobile service provider instead (whoever that is...you say "blackberry" in your forum profile, but BlackBerry is not a provider of mobile services to end users).

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sammy89

Hello I haven't got a clue what this means or how to do it (HRT, Service Books, Reboot), I did uninstall and re-install with a battery pull out that's all I did I'm pretty confused and new to this lol :s, I'm on vodafone with a blackberry 9320
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Post number 2 above...starts with "Failing that, I suggest..."

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sammy89

Hello just sent the registration and got the message in my folder saying " you have been added to the wireless network" I then did battery pull out, but unfortunately I still have the facebook app user null in my messages, do tou think the next step should be the shop? Thanks again for all your help :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.