Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
nicois
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: blackberry
Accepted Solution

how can I get back an older version of Facebook on my blackberry.

I upgraded to the Facebook 2.0 version 2.0.0.37 today and it's the worst mistake I could have made,I hate it  as there is nothing good about it. my older version 1.9.0.28 is sooooooo much better. I wish we were given the choice to try these new applications and then decide if we prefer the new version or the old version, my question is this, is there any way I could PLEASE get back my  1.9.0.28 version of Facebook on my blackberry. I eagerly await a reply.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: how can I get back an older version of Facebook on my blackberry.

Unfortunately, unless you can get access to a version that someone posted online, I don't believe there is a way to go back to the previous version. That said, we happen to have the senior manager for App World on the forums today and tomorrow for a Community Insider Event, so I'll ask if he happens to know.

If you'd like to check that event out, here's a link to the board:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/App-World-Insider-Event-with/bd-p/App_World

If I hear anything back, I'll be sure to post back.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

nicois wrote:

I upgraded to the Facebook 2.0 version 2.0.0.37 today and it's the worst mistake I could have made,I hate it  as there is nothing good about it. my older version 1.9.0.28 is sooooooo much better. I wish we were given the choice to try these new applications and then decide if we prefer the new version or the old version, my question is this, is there any way I could PLEASE get back my  1.9.0.28 version of Facebook on my blackberry. I eagerly await a reply.

While it might be impossible to revert to the previous version of facebook, there is a way to test out the new stuff without committing to it; you test it out, decide if you like it and if not you delete it and go back to what you had.  It all happens in the BlackBerry Beta Zone.  Just go to www.blackberry.com/beta to sign up and see what apps are available for you to test.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nicois

Thanks for your reply. Could u tell me what time he will be on and can you explain to me how you post a version online because both my mom and nephew have the old version on their phone still.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hi nicois,

Alex will be back on at 9am EDT, so hopefully we'll have an answer shortly thereafter.

If you have family with a Bold 9700 with the old version still, you can try to extract it from their phones and install it to your phone. Look into a program called BBSAK. This can be used for this purpose.

http://bbsak.org/features.php

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
babyfruitella
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

How disappointing to find out you cant revert back to the old version. Downloading the update was the worst mistake EVER.  It looks good, & if it worked properly, it would BE good, but since downloading it, facebook has been crashing, my emails aren't functioning properly (everytime I try to "mark prior opened", it says there's been an error with facebook & freezes!) I hate it!! I've had to do at least 15 battery pulls to reset the phone in the last 18 hours, & I was aleep for 6 of them!  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
babyfruitella
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

My husband is still running the previous version, is there any way of extracting it?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nicois

Hi babyfruitella. I was told that if you know someone with the older version you can try and extract it from their phones and install it to your phone . Look into a programme called BBSAK. http://bbsak.org/features.php. I hope this helps you.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nicois

Thanks Krypto. Please let me know what Alex says.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
adaahu
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: MTN

You can get the previous version of os5&os6 of facebook app through this link

http://www.bb-mobile.com/facebook-for-blackberry-updated-v1-9-0-28/
Please use plain text.