Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
bldesjardins
My Device: Storm 2

Re: how can I get back an older version of Facebook on my blackberry.

How did you resolve the zip files?  I am having the same problem.  Any help appreciated.

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

The files you guys want to download are the OTA ones. Go to the link on your phone, then select the appropriate OTA link depending on your OS version.

@ bldejardins, if you're on OS version 5.0.0.1015, that's the most up to date official OS for the Verizon Storm2. Another carrier has released 5.0.0.1082, but it can be a tricky installation (its the first OS I had big troubles loading). But realistically, it doesn't make a huge difference.

All of this said, the new Facebook 2.0 is a big change and does take some learning on how to use it, but it is nice when you do get used to it. And for those who like to use Facebook Chat, you can with the latest version.

Anyhow, best of luck!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
bldesjardins

Thank you, thank you ...it worked!  I was trying to download software onto laptop and then transfer.  Duh! Still old school but learning new tricks thanks to you guys!

New Contributor
bldesjardins

It works!  Thank you.  For us old timers you have to load the software directly from your phone ...duh! I was trying thru my laptop but it worked like a charm when I figured it out.  adaahu ROCKS!

esocio
My Device: blackberry bold 9780

My problem about Faceboo is solved after installing the new version of Blackberry Messenger. I don't know the connection between them but maybe it's the reboot which was useful. Thank you for your attention.
Contributor
adaahu
My Device: Torch 9800

Re Bldesjardins
Thnk goodness it worked 4 you, kudos me 2 thank me
New Contributor
Kinguni
My Device: Curve 8530

Took a few tries but worked. Thank you adaahu. facebook 2.0 isn't even beta ready if you ask me.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

esocio wrote:
My problem about Faceboo is solved after installing the new version of Blackberry Messenger. I don't know the connection between them but maybe it's the reboot which was useful. Thank you for your attention.

A reboot will solve 95% of the problems encountered with your phone, so yes it probably was the reboot that helped.  Never be afraid to yank that battery out whenever your phone starts acting up.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
sherryllp
My Device: Bold 9650

Im using Bold 9650 with 5.0.0.732 OS. I update Facebook - I see it (Facebook 2.0.0.37) in my applications/add-ons listing under Options. I don't see it anywhere on the device - no on the home page, not in any folder,not in Downloads, not hidden. If I go to Application Center I see that I have the option to downgrade to prior version but no icon anywhere. Suggestions anyone? Thanks!

Contributor
nicois
My Device: bold 9700

When on the website
http://www.bb-mobile.com/facebook-for-blackberry-updated-v1-9-0-28/
,scroll down to where you would see the following link as shown below, click on the appropraite link for yor OS

FOR OS5

OTA INSTALLER

OFFLINE INSTALLER

FOR OS6

OTA INSTALLER

OFFLINE INSTALLER

Click on the OTA Installer that suits your OS system.