Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
nicois
My Device: bold 9700

Re: how can I get back an older version of Facebook on my blackberry.

MY bad, the info I just posted was if you wanted to go back to your old version of Facebook.
Contributor
nicois

Have you tried rebooting the phone. Sometimes you have to reboot after an upgrade for all the changes to the application to take place.
esocio
My Device: blackberry bold 9780

My problem is solved after reboot thanx
New Contributor
ksgarrett
My Device: Storm2

Krypto -- I'm curious if you've found a way to Cut and/or Paste into the new FB 2.0 app.  I couldn't find any way to activate cut & paste within the app.  Because of that lack of very basic functionality -- on a CELL PHONE -- that's why I chucked the 2.0 version and went back to 1.9.  I don't care if there's chat, I don't care about advanced  privacy setting for FB posts.  If there's not the ability to C&P, what bloody use is it, especially on a cell phone!  If they fix that incredibly major lack of functionality, I'll upgrade. But if all future upgrades lack C&P, it's a useless piece of software, especially for a bloody cell phone.  I might as well just wait until I'm back at my computer...

New Contributor
shopkeeper

Thank you!!! THank you!!!
New Contributor
MariL

After 2 days of using the new 2.0.0.37 version of facebook on my bold 9700, i was tearing my hair out as it did not update news feeds amongst other problems, and i could not find out how to get my old version 1.9.0.28 back until i happened upon your post with the helpful link to get the old trusted version back.

I followed your instructions and thankfully i now have my old version of facebook back, my updates happen timeously, not 8 hours behind, and i cant thank you enough for your help. Thank goodness for people like you that take the time to post solutions to exasperating problems, such as upgrades that are just plain awful!!  Thanks again.

Contributor
nicois

I got help from Adaahu so she deserves all the credit. I'm glad u got your old version back too because this new version really has most people feeling like a fish out of water.
New Contributor
sherryllp
My Device: Bold 9650

Wouldn't it have been nice to have a compatibility check before the download, or a warning to check your OS before downloading?

I emailed this link to myself http://www.bb-mobile.com/facebook-for-blackberry-updated-v1-9-0-28/  opened it on the Blackberry

and  the rest was fairly simple.

Thank you so much Adaahu for your expertise!

Contributor
Lulu436
My Device: Bold 9780

Hi,

Im new to BB and have tried to go back to the old facebook by your instructions. I cant click on OS6 is that what i need to do? or am I doing it wrong? I have a BB Bold 9780.

thanks

New Contributor
MariL

Do you have blackberry desktop manager on your pc? When i open the desktop manager, the details of my phone appear straight away, and from that i can see i am an OS5, so i clicked on the OS5 installer when i followed the download.  Why dont you try that as not everyone has the OS6.  Maybe be worth trying. Hope this helps.