Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
MariL
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: 3

Re: how can I get back an older version of Facebook on my blackberry.

Adaahu is the person that i got the help from last night, so hopefully they will see your posts and give you some help. They are the person that provided the download link.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nicois
My Carrier: blackberry

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nicois

That's what I told her because Adaahu was the one who also helped me so hopefully she will see the post and can provide a solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kinguni
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: MTS

I had to try about 4 times to get the old version installed. First 3 times it ended with "download failed". 4th time I made sure to keep the phone awake and though it took at least 10 minutes to install eventually it said it was and then asked me to reboot and I was back to using the old version.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MariL
My Carrier: 3

Kinguni it took at least 10minutes to download with me also, although the process worked first time for me.  I also kept the phone awake the whole time, and it said it had failed, but it actually hadn't because it then said i had to reboot to finish the installation. Im sure it will work for Lulu436 eventually, but beyond that Im out of ideas.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lulu436
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: o2_uk

Thanks guys for all your help. Still using new fb and just rebooting when it freezes as it solves it for a while but is very annoying! Maybe I'll try again in a few days, only had the phone a couple of weeks so still getting use to it.
I know where come for help now though!
Thanks again
Lulu
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lulu436

Hi, just to let you all know I've done it!!!!!!!!!
I deleted my fb app first then downloaded old version from the link and it worked straight away!
Thanks sooooo much
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nicois

Oh good, I'm happy it finally worked. I was wondering if what we were telling u was wrong at one point. Good to know all is well.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Lulu436

Thanks, the old version is soooo much better!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
adaahu
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: MTN

When upgrading your apps be sure to use the latest, legally approved version of BlackBerry Device Software provided by your wireless service provider. Please use the following chart to verify the minimum required version that is supported by the apps:

BlackBerry Device Software Version

BlackBerry Device Software 4.5
BlackBerry Device Software 4.6
BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.1
BlackBerry Device Software 4.7
BlackBerry Device Software 4.7.1
BlackBerry Device Software 5.0
BlackBerry Device Software 6.0

Minimum Version of BlackBerry Device Software Required

Failure to have the minimum required version of BlackBerry Device Software, as outlined above, may result in the disappearance of the BlackBerry Messenger/facebook from the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone.

I boldly state that the reason for all d issues observed is as a result of havin an OS that is not up to the minimum standard required to maKe these new application update work effectively, as I strongly belive that the updates were fashioned to work only with the minimum OS required. An update is necessary,This is is wat I did myself & now am enjoying maximumally the new facebook app wif chat integrated. Come on board & relish the experience as well, I hope dis works for everybody

For further info see link http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB23968
Please use plain text.