Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
adaahu
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: how can I get back an older version of Facebook on my blackberry.

So sorry peeps, should have responded long before now, I got caught up with loads of stuffs, I hope u find the above useful☺
New Contributor
th3skunk
My Device: Not Specified

I upgraded fb to the new 2.0 version. At the start fb chat was perfectly working.. From recently it doesn't work although I tried rea-installing it a couple of times. It doesn't indicate any error msg but just keeps loading for awhile and stops without showing any online contacts. :smileysad: let me know if this could be fixed??
New Contributor
jmcalli
My Device: 8350

[ Edited ]

[Edited for courtesy] you would know this could not help the person since they have already installed the app!

No wonder you are loosing customers

New Contributor
NYMets9631
My Device: Curve 9330

I just wanted to let you know that I just registered on this forum today as I was searching for a solution for this problem to get back the old facebook.  The new one, 2.0, did not update contact pictures automatically in facebook and I had to go in and do it myself individually by refreshing the BB contact.  The previous version, 1.9., did that and I am happy to have it back.  I followed your instructions and downloaded it and it removed the new version at the reboot.  Thank you so much and I greatly appreciate it.

New Contributor
NYMets9631

I just wanted to let you know that I just registered on this forum today as I was searching for a solution for this problem to get back the old facebook. The new one, 2.0, did not update contact pictures automatically in facebook and I had to go in and do it myself individually by refreshing the BB contact. The previous version, 1.9., did that and I am happy to have it back. I followed your instructions and downloaded it and it removed the new version at the reboot. Thank you so much and I greatly appreciate it.
Contributor
nicois
My Device: bold 9700

I'm happy that u got back your old facebook hasslefree ☺.
New Contributor
NYMets9631

Me too and the posts were very helpful.  I appreciate your help and Adaahu's.  BTW just to confirm it was okay to dowloand it like I did without uninstalling the 2.0 version correct?  It seems like it uninstalled that in the process and put the older one in its place.  I wasn't sure though as I read somewhere in this forum that someone also did it but that uninstalled 2.0 first.  Just checking if the way I did, as did many I believe, was okay and would cause no future problems.  Thanks again!

Contributor
nicois

Yes it is okay. I didn't uninstall my 2.0 either and it uninstalled itself and my old facebook was reinstalled during the process and I have no problem up to now and I haven't heard of anyone having any problems either.I think it's safe to say it's all good thanks to Adaahu.
New Contributor
NYMets9631

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much nicois.  Also, in regards to contacts and facebook pictures, is it better to have facebook do them automatically or to connect manually with a blackberry contact?  Some contacts for some reason don't match up with facebook even though they have the same facebook and contact name so I guess you could do it manually by connecting to a BB contact.  I found two articles on it but not sure of the difference other than automatic or manual.  I guess its easier to just leave them alone and let facebook do its thing automatically. 

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB18393&sliceI... 0 1537876281

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB17090&sliceI... 0 1537876281

For some reason not all of mine FB contacts sync with facebook when I checked it off.  Not sure why, but I guess I could go in and connect them manually.

Contributor
nicois

Yes, try connecting them manually and see how that works out. Let me know if it worked.