Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
adaahu
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: how can I get back an older version of Facebook on my blackberry.

So sorry peeps, should have responded long before now, I got caught up with loads of stuffs, I hope u find the above useful☺
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
th3skunk
My Device: Not Specified

I upgraded fb to the new 2.0 version. At the start fb chat was perfectly working.. From recently it doesn't work although I tried rea-installing it a couple of times. It doesn't indicate any error msg but just keeps loading for awhile and stops without showing any online contacts. :smileysad: let me know if this could be fixed??
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jmcalli
My Device: 8350

[ Edited ]

[Edited for courtesy] you would know this could not help the person since they have already installed the app!

No wonder you are loosing customers

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NYMets9631
My Device: Curve 9330

I just wanted to let you know that I just registered on this forum today as I was searching for a solution for this problem to get back the old facebook.  The new one, 2.0, did not update contact pictures automatically in facebook and I had to go in and do it myself individually by refreshing the BB contact.  The previous version, 1.9., did that and I am happy to have it back.  I followed your instructions and downloaded it and it removed the new version at the reboot.  Thank you so much and I greatly appreciate it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NYMets9631

I just wanted to let you know that I just registered on this forum today as I was searching for a solution for this problem to get back the old facebook. The new one, 2.0, did not update contact pictures automatically in facebook and I had to go in and do it myself individually by refreshing the BB contact. The previous version, 1.9., did that and I am happy to have it back. I followed your instructions and downloaded it and it removed the new version at the reboot. Thank you so much and I greatly appreciate it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
nicois
My Device: bold 9700

I'm happy that u got back your old facebook hasslefree ☺.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NYMets9631

Me too and the posts were very helpful.  I appreciate your help and Adaahu's.  BTW just to confirm it was okay to dowloand it like I did without uninstalling the 2.0 version correct?  It seems like it uninstalled that in the process and put the older one in its place.  I wasn't sure though as I read somewhere in this forum that someone also did it but that uninstalled 2.0 first.  Just checking if the way I did, as did many I believe, was okay and would cause no future problems.  Thanks again!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nicois

Yes it is okay. I didn't uninstall my 2.0 either and it uninstalled itself and my old facebook was reinstalled during the process and I have no problem up to now and I haven't heard of anyone having any problems either.I think it's safe to say it's all good thanks to Adaahu.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NYMets9631

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much nicois.  Also, in regards to contacts and facebook pictures, is it better to have facebook do them automatically or to connect manually with a blackberry contact?  Some contacts for some reason don't match up with facebook even though they have the same facebook and contact name so I guess you could do it manually by connecting to a BB contact.  I found two articles on it but not sure of the difference other than automatic or manual.  I guess its easier to just leave them alone and let facebook do its thing automatically. 

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB18393&sliceI... 0 1537876281

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB17090&sliceI... 0 1537876281

For some reason not all of mine FB contacts sync with facebook when I checked it off.  Not sure why, but I guess I could go in and connect them manually.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nicois

Yes, try connecting them manually and see how that works out. Let me know if it worked.
Please use plain text.