Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
mxibrahimfk
My Device: curve 9220
Accepted Solution

how to reset downloaded apps to its original state

Hii, I'm newbie on using blackberry.
Is that possible to reset downloaded apps to its original state, just like installed apps on Android HH? Coz, there's "clear data" feature on Android that can do that.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: how to reset downloaded apps to its original state

Hi there,

You can do this by going to Options > Security > Security Wipe, select only the option(s) you want (i.e. only User Installed Applications), then proceed with the instructions on screen to complete the wipe. This should do what you're looking for! :smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mxibrahimfk

Hi Krypto! thanks for your answers but that's not what I expected..

because, I've already tried before and my installed apps gone as result!

all I expected solution is, is it possible to reset downloaded apps without wipe it?

is there any 3rd party apps or secret code on BB that can do that?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Oh, I see what you want to do... Unfortunately there is no way I can think of short of uninstalling the app, rebooting and then reinstalling the app. Some apps may have an internal reset option, but that's app specific.

Now then, there is the other option of deleting the user data on the device, and that will have the same effect, but that will also delete all of the data on your device, including messages, contacts, etc. That said, that might be the route to go - back up your data using the BlackBerry Desktop Software, wipe the data on the device (leave your media card and apps intact), then do a selective restore of just the databases you want (depending on the app, some can save data into the databases).

Anyhow, I know that's not ideal, but at least it is a work around. Good luck!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mxibrahimfk

OK Krypto..

How unfortunately! :smileyfrustrated:

Yeah... Sure we all agree that there are weaknesses and strengthens on each handheld

either BB or Android, including how the manage downloaded apps

thanks for your answers.. :smileywink::Clap:

Please use plain text.