Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
emma1977
My Device: blackberry 9900

how to restore bbm contacts using blackberry ID

My blackberry device has been stolen so I bought the new one. Can I have my bbm contacts back to my new device? I've backed up my contacts using my blackberryID but I don't know how to restore it. I'm using the bbm v7. I've ever lost my contacts in my old device before n' I can restore it back. But now I don't know how to do it because I've changed the type of my device into 9900. Can anyone help me?? I really need my contacts back :smileysad: thanks in advance..
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: how to restore bbm contacts using blackberry ID

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33259
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
emma1977
My Device: blackberry 9900

I've opened the link but that's for OS 10..mine is stil OS 7
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

OK, I see that now. Still, though, it's the same problem. If your old device had BBM6 or older then the backups, if any, would be associated with an email address. BBM7 uses BBID.

Do you know what version you had on the old device?

Here's the KB that deals with the older versions:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB20554
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!