Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
discolemoande
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

keeping social networks conected to contacts

My friend's facebook & twitter profiles keep disconnecting from my contacts lists.  I just want them to stay connected, once I've connected them by hand (some people have different names on the accounts, that phone doesn't recognize and won't connect automatically).  I'll connect somebody and then when I check back later, they are no longer connected. 

If it helps, I have a Blackberry Torch 9800, and should have the latest versions of the facebook & twitter applications. 

Thanks in advanced for your help!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: keeping social networks conected to contacts

Hello,

I think you can try two things : the soft reboot, and if it does not work, the hard reboot. Don't worry, you can't lose data with these two reboots.

Soft reboot :
1) Hit the three following keys at the same time :
- Alt
- Right Shift
- Delete
2) wait 2 minutes for the Blackberry to wake up.

Hard reboot :
1) your Blackberry device is on
2) remove the battery and wait for a minute
3) Put the battery back
4) wait 5 minutes for the device to wake up.

Once that is done, try again to link one of your addressbook contacts to their facebook/twitter account. Please tell us if it works for you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
discolemoande
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Re: keeping social networks conected to contacts

I've just tried a soft restart, and then reconnected everyone. Then when I went to contacts to check one of them--yep, no longer connected. :-(

I've had to hard restart for varios other reasons in the past, so I don't know how that would make a difference.
Please use plain text.