Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

my app world wont download :/ can someone help please?

ive got OS 6 on my bold 9780.

when i attempt to download/reinstall any app it either freezes with the cog turning saying please wait... or says there was a problem installing (app) please try again, and when i try downloading off the bb web page it says: There is an issue connecting to BlackBerry App World.  Please try again. this has been happening for a few months now.

any help would be very much appriciated. Thank You, Caron 

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: my app world wont download :/ can someone help please?

Hello,
You could try to update BlackBerry App World. (via your browser at blackberry.com/appworld)
Let me know if that helps
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

thank you but no, that hasnt worked :No:

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

crazycaz wrote:

ive got OS 6 on my bold 9780.

when i attempt to download/reinstall any app it either freezes with the cog turning saying please wait... or says there was a problem installing (app) please try again, and when i try downloading off the bb web page it says: There is an issue connecting to BlackBerry App World.  Please try again. this has been happening for a few months now.

any help would be very much appriciated. Thank You, Caron 

what is the exact error message, letter by letter ? what are the exact actions that lead you to that specific message ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: EPLUS (Germany)

Hi, Caron,

sorry that I cannot offer any help, just want to "attach" myself to your listing as I do experience exactly the same issue - same OS, same erroneous behaviour on either my handheld device or with Blackberry's AppWorld on the Internet (from my desktop), same error messages.

The issue itself as well is listed in Blackberry's Knowledge Base (see article KB33286) and their answer there is "This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available", last modified on 12-19-2012.

Obviously, there is a big problem making a Blackberry smartphone even more comfortable through additional apps from AppWorld, as the apps just do not download and install.

Too bad - a bit more efficient support from Blackberry's side would be much appreciated here.

Should you in the meantime have received any helpful support that would lead to a solution, I'd appreciate if you could post the link or the information. Thanks a lot, Armin