Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
06ah62me64d
My Device: blackberry torch 9860
Accepted Solution

os software 7,1

I meet difficulties. To set new os. For my blackberry torch 9960.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: os software 7,1

Are you looking upgrade the OS on your 9860?

• What is your Operating System loaded to your device? Look at Options > Device > About, third line down beginning with a "v.7.0.x.xxx", What is yours?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
06ah62me64d
My Device: blackberry torch 9860

7.0pack 2406
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Device operating system releases are "released" by specific carriers once they have certified and trained their support techs, but still, you are able to load to any carrier's same model by following the instructions below.

See the link below for the download, and follow these simple installation instructions.

First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion.

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." (You might have another Vendor.xml file hiding on your computer. Open Windows Explorer and under the Organize button (on Windows 7, there are similar tools for Vista and XP) click on "Folder and search options." Under the View tab, make sure that your computer is set to show hidden folders and files. Once you've done this, search your C:\ drive for "Vendor.xml".)
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

**Starting with the later OS6 releases, there are now three copies of VENDOR.XML
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (for 32-bit Windows XP/Vista/7)
==========OR============
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (for 64-bit Windows Vista/7)
C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
You can also just search for VENDOR.XML. Make sure that you choose ADVANCED SEARCH and include hidden files. It should show the file in at three locations. Delete every copy that it finds.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.