Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
essohhjay
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: MTN

please I need help with my twitter app on 9800

I updated the twitter app on my 9800 and since then I've not been able to access it. The icon does not show on the homepage and that makes it inaccessible. I've restarted my phone a lot of time but till no avail... Would appreciate if someone could give me a link to the former version of twitter so I can downgrade... I miss the twitter app on my phone!!p o
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: please I need help with my twitter app on 9800

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Visibility of the icon could be a different matter entirely...please first check to see if the app is actually installed:

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on the BlackBerry smartphone

If it is installed, then it's usually merely a matter of finding the icon. Often times, we move icons where we want them -- but an update puts it back to it's originally designated location (often the "Downloads" or "Applications" folder)...and you simply need to find it and move it back to where you want it to be located.

Or, you might have a theme running that is hiding it...check that. Or, you might just have the icon hidden...when you dig around, make sure that "Show All" is active so that you can see also your hidden icons.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
essohhjay

I have searched the whole phone... Its only visible in app world. I'm not the only one suffering this defect. Please check the twitter app reviews on app world... It seems to be a general problem for torch 9800 users... I am also running the default theme for my torch... All icons are active also... A downgrade link would be really helpful OR an immediate improvement withe the present version of twitter...
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

essohhjay wrote:
I have searched the whole phone... Its only visible in app world.

Did you search exactly as documented in the above linked KB? Just searching for the icon is not sufficient.

essohhjay wrote:
I'm not the only one suffering this defect. Please check the twitter app reviews on app world... It seems to be a general problem for torch 9800 users... I am also running the default theme for my torch... All icons are active also... A downgrade link would be really helpful OR an immediate improvement withe the present version of twitter...

How would you like me to accomplish any of that, please? Perhaps you misunderstand who the participants on this forum are? Please refer to this information posted at the top of every page of this site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

This site has nothing whatsoever to do with formal support from, communication with, nor escalation to BlackBerry for any purpose whatsoever. It's simply users who volunteer time to try and help out other users.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
essohhjay

Okay, that is noted. I did exactly as you stated but to no avail... I have even reinstalled and restarted the phone but it still yields nothing...
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...so to be clear, the installed app listing (as per the KB I linked in post 2 above) does not show Twitter as installed, yet AppWorld does state it to be installed. Correct?

If so, then I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache.

For legacy (pre-BB10) Devices: 

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3. Follow one (and only one!) of these steps:

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Touch Screen Only BBs -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

3c. For newer (e,g., OS6 and 7) BB's, see this KB:

• KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

4. AppWorld should close.

5. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

6. Return to AppWorld/MyWorld (it may be sluggish while it re-synchronizes). .

If step (4) does not happen as listed, then the clear cache did not work.

For BB10 devices:

• KB33818Downloaded applications in BlackBerry World are stuck in an Installing state and cannot be cancelled or removed from the download list

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
essohhjay

I've tried the cache reset but its still to know avail. I'm sorry to bother you all but is there something else that can be done?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Please answer the question I stated above:

• "OK...so to be clear, the installed app listing (as per the KB I linked in post 2 above) does not show Twitter as installed, yet AppWorld does state it to be installed. Correct?"

I cannot depend on guessing...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
essohhjay

Its shown as installed but does not show amongst the applications on the homepage
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Oh! Well that's completely different than I assumed from your earlier responses (when you said "Its only visible in app world")...and negates the utility of the Clear Cache anyway.

But now I am confused again. Earlier, you said you searched everywhere for the icon...now you say you've only looked at the homepage. Which is it please?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.