Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Developer
BallRock
My Device: 2 x PlayBook, 3 Z10, 1 Q10, 1 DAC

problem with developer Adorno from onlybestberry.com

Hi,

I have a problem with Adorno and his/her 2 themes Panoram i7 and Cross AW which are available in Appworld for Torch 9860 and OS 7.x.

I bought both themes, but they are not working as shown in both previews.

I have also read all reviews and nearly 99% are faked reviews.

Trying to contact Adorno via Appworld/eMail was answered with

[quote]

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

support@onlybestberry.com

Technical details of permanent failure:

The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=7720

[(0) onlybestberry.com. [208.87.35.107]:25: Connection refused][/quote]

I have no chance to contact the developer to got refunded my money.

I am suspecting fraud is carried out to the user.

Trying to contact BlackBerry Support does not work, too because of

[quote]The application generated an unknown error which has been logged, please try again later.[/quote]

If there is some help possible, please help.

What shall I do now?

New Developer
BallRock
My Device: 2 x PlayBook, 3 Z10, 1 Q10, 1 DAC

Re: problem with developer Adorno from onlybestberry.com

No replay... sorry, maybe wrong forum, but is there no one who could help?
I wrote emails, I wrote blackberryhelp on twitter and no reaction by RIM. So, what shall I do?
Go to advocate and talk about RIMs behavior?
Contributor
jgerard
My Device: Z10, PlayBook

[ Edited ]

I just got burned by this "vendor" too. I disputed with paypal but because it is an intantible item, there's no recourse. The reviews are bogus and if you give a bad review it gets removed.

I tried contacting the vendor via their support address, support@onlybestberry.com, but the domain is parked so the emails bounce.

I tried contacting RIM via their paypal@ecommercea.rim.com address but they don't respond either.

I paid for a theme called Cross i7 for my Bold 9900 and instead received a theme called "Evolution_i7_9900" which is completely not comaptible with my device.

...nice little scam they have going on here...

I don't expect this post to generate anything either. RIM seems to have stopped caring about its customers.

(And to add...I just realized that last post was over a year ago. This has been going on for long enough!)

Find me on the Twitters! @jeffgerard
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello,

Since you've revived this old thread, perhaps some clarification is in order.

This site has nothing whatsoever to do with any formal support at all. None. This site is solely a user-to-user community of volunteers who try to help out other users. But, no formal answers should ever be expected here from RIM for anything (sometimes they do pop in, but it should never be expected). Consequently, RIM not responding in this thread certainly cannot be construed as them having stopped caring about their customers...since such a response should never be expected here.

All formal support follows your contractually required formal support channel -- which would be your mobile service provider, your original place of purchase, or an authorized service center (it varies by region). Hence, if you truly desire formal support on this issue, you should use your formal support channel (for this, it's likely your mobile service provider), and they can escalate the case into RIM for formal review and action.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
jgerard
My Device: Z10, PlayBook

[ Edited ]

My frustratoin with RIM in this regard was due to the fact that it was pretty much impossible to find recourse for buying something from App World, which I unfortunately thought was safe to purchase from. It took me about 1 month to finally get some form of resolution when the @BlackBerryHelp twitter account responded to me a 2nd time after I did a little venting on twitter. They directected me to a link (Excecption Case Support) that I would rather have found a month ago. In the end, PayPal refunded my purchase as a "one time courtesy", even though I stressed to them that this had nothing to do with the money. The same day, after venting on twitter and opening my case with the link below, App World reversed my purchase as well. I just hope they follow up with this vendor.

If anyone needs, the link is https://www.blackberry.com/technicalsupport/index.do?ft=generic

I do appreciate having pointed out that this forum is for customers and not supported by RIM specifically. If nothing more, at least someone else might get some value out of it now.

Find me on the Twitters! @jeffgerard
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I'm glad you reached an acceptable resolution for your situation, and I'm sure that the other users here will appreciate your information.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code