Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
TaydowsTrizzy
My Device: blackberry 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

problems with facebook

I'm having problems receiving any of my facebook notifications...it was okay when I downloaded it I don't know what happened to it someone please help I'm using a bb 8520 os 5
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: problems with facebook

Let's make sure you have the proper boxes ticked off for receiving notifications.  Open your facebook app, press the menu key and select Options.  If you scroll down, you should see Facebook Notifications.  Make sure that box is checked.  If you would also like your notifications to appear in your Messages folder on your phone's homescreen, scroll back up a bit and check off BlackBerry Messages application.  Once you've done those two things, press the menu key again and select Save.

That should do it.  Let us know if that works for you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TaydowsTrizzy

I've already tried that and I still have to visit the website to see if I have any notifications
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

Do you still have BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) on your account with your carrier?  BIS is required to push the notifications to your phone.  If you do have it, are you experiencing any other connection problems (i.e. internet not connecting, etc.)?

Please post back.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TaydowsTrizzy

No I'm not having problems with anything else jst facebook and yes I still have BIS
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

OK, let's make sure you have the proper version of facebook for your phone.  Go to your Applications list and delete your facebook app.  You can find your Applications by going to your phone's homescreen and following Options>Applications.  Find facebook in the list, highlight it with your cursor, press the menu key and select Delete.  Once that's done, reboot your phone then go to your App World icon and search for facebook.  Install it once again and let us know how it works. 

Please post back with your results.  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi TaydowsTrizzy,

In addition to what BillJ adviced I just want to add a point Login to Facebook from your PC or Laptop Go to > Account Setting > Notifications >  All Notification > Other Applications > There make sure that Blackberry Smartphone App is marked and if not marked mark it and  then save it.

Good Luck

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.