Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
aimz_100
My Device: Not Specified

uploading photos to facebook error..HELP!!!

I am at my wits end with blackberry and I am now typing this message on my 4th one this month!
Basically had a bb bold 9700 since march last year which worked perfectly until just before christmas. I had the facebook app installed which I found fine and did all the updates which worked. However I started to find that when I uploaded a picture to facebook, errors would appear, my phone would freeze and different error messages such as 'app error reset' 'uncaught exception and a load of numbers and symbols' and the only way to fix it was to do a battery pull, and as u know it takes longer than normal for a bb to turn the power on!! I was doing this up to 10 times a day and by the end of the day was ready to chuck my phone out of the window! It only happened when I tried to upload a photo. It has done this on all 4 phones now, I have also changed the sim card and memory card in the phones. Also have done a factory reset! Checked that all my apps and software is up to date! What else is there left that it can be?

Someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you in advance!!
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: uploading photos to facebook error..HELP!!!

aimz_100 wrote:
Checked that all my apps and software is up to date! What else is there left that it can be?

the "upload pictures" in the Facebook app for BB is crippled. It has been working improperly for so many people since last summer. I suggest you do not use that feature anymore.

Instead, you can use the "upload by email" feature from Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/mobile/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
JoyLewis
My Device: Bold 9700

What does CRIPPLED mean???  Is the a mulfuntion or what and how can this be rectified.  Very annoying!!!

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello JoyLewis,

I mean that in February, the "upload picture" feature did not work correctly. This was fixed in march 2011, you can read it here:

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2011/03/facebook-blackberry-hotfix/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Regular Contributor
agogoman
My Device: 8520 curve

Same problem help
fsancho
My Device: TORCH 9810

[ Edited ]

DELETED