Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

macazares2
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

whatsapp chat history recovery?

Hi! I own a BB Curve and I constantly use my Whatsapp application. I had some important information in one of my chats, but when I went back to see it after have spoken some more, the previous messages were lost. I did not close the conversation window nor was my celphone rebooted, it was just erased or I could not see it. Is there any way I can get that chat history back. If so, please help me out! Thanks!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,922
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: whatsapp chat history recovery?

Have you contacted the WhatsApp developer to ask this question?

Or the WhatsApp FAQ?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cmontoya1
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Comcel

I have the same problem.

I have BB OS 6 in a Curve 9300 and now I can't see any chat history (BBM, Whatsapp or Windows Live Messenger). It just keeps "Loading..." But nothing ever comes out.

In whatsapp I get this error: net.rim.device.api.database.DatabaseException:: database disck image is malformed.

But it worked before!!!!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
runyamhere
My Device: 8520 * Z10 * Q10 * Z30
My Carrier: 8.ta

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys. *Here is a Solution I Found*

I also lost my chats but this was deliberate through swopping phones since my wife could not view messages due to White Screen of Death. When I put back my SIM Card all the chat history was gone despite having chosen option to save messages to media card. I searched everywhere but there was no information, Whatsapp only have option to restore for Android when the reinstall is done but Blackberry automatically selects the most recent backup which in my case was only one chat message. So I will give a rundown of how I got to get old messages back.

1. The backup files are stored on your media card, location address /Media Card/databases/Whatsapp/, all the .db files are back-ups and by pressing Menu, Properties you can see which date it was saved.

2. I connected my Blackberry to the PC, opened the location above and chose the target date of restore as 16 October 2012, so I cut every file except the one for 16 October 2012. I pasted them onto a temp folder I created on my PC desktop.

3. Once you remain with the file for your backup, eject the Media Card from your PC. You should see the Blackberry run that clock, wait for it to finish. Open your Whatsapp Messenger and voila, your messages/chat will be there again :Clap: The best thing is my new messages were not removed, they were added with the old ones.

The drawback I have seen in the Blackberry/Whatsapp application is that when you delete and reinstall Whatsapp as advised you will remain with the same recent chat which you dont want and Blackberry's whatsapp has no option to choose which backup you want to use so this manual workaround has worked for me in this instance.

Please use plain text.
mokki142
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Maxis

i dont really get how to do it...

mind explaining it properly with a few photos maybe?

im sorry but im not used to using a blackberry at all

Please use plain text.
JSanders

The instructions above are pretty detailed.

What part do you understand?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
mokki142
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Maxis

second step...what is the purpose of cutting all the files except for the target file?

i totally dont get it, screenshots of the process could have a lot

Please use plain text.
JSanders

cutting the files?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
jeankee
My Device: BlackBerry 9800
My Carrier: Orange Dominicana

You cut all the files and paste them in a temp folder in your PC to keep them safe.

You only leave the file that belongs to the date you want to see, so when you open WhatsApp it restores specifically from that backup.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
emeke
My Device: touch 9810
My Carrier: glo

I followed ur instruction on my bb 9810 but the whatsapp chat history  was not restored.kindly give further tutoria. thank you

Please use plain text.